Two Tone Detect non contract phone carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFD190

Hello,

Some of the users I send files to use phones such as straight talk. They use the verizon towers but the @vzwpix.com mms message does not come through for them. They can receive the text messages @vtext.com

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Brian

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hello,

Some of the users I send files to use phones such as straight talk. They use the verizon towers but the @vzwpix.com mms message does not come through for them. They can receive the text messages @vtext.com

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Brian

I don't have any experience with that particular carrier, but I know that some similar carriers (Ting) do not have an MMS email gateway. The reason for this is that SMS messages use the "voice" network while MMS messages use the "data" network. The contract carriers may not contract for the data portion of the network, or even if they do, they may not support MMS gateways because using the data network costs them more so they want to limit the MMS traffic. In my case I'm using Ting with no MMS gateway, but I do have data so I get the audio through email instead of MMS. If someone is using a standard (non-smart) phone on one of these carriers they may be out of luck.

Andy

W-OES-Me

This may have been addressed already, and I just haven't found it, but xxxxxxxxxx@mypixmessages.com no longer seems to work for straighttalk phones. Probably because Verizon seems to have done away with PIX Place. Is there a new address that works with straighttalk?

FireTTD

One thing you could do is from your non smart phone (straight talk phone) is send yourself an email (actual email) and then go to your email software (gmail for example) and then look at the address, or if you have to, go into the "Show Original" and that should show header information. Then you should be able to see the actual email address of the phone it came from (ie: 5082514444@straighttalk.com)

And not to raid on anyone's parade, but my system (TTD Command) could deliver the messages to any phone, but it's not a "delivered" MMS file but your phone is called and the audio is played, and the audio is stored on our servers inside your control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.