• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 transmit issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

putterizer

Hoping I might get a few suggestions here on an issue I have.
I have an HT1250 that will transmit and receive fine on a simplex channel where the TX and RX are the same. This channel also has a PL tone on it.

The problem comes in when I try to transmit on a channel that is run through the county repeater with different TX, RX and PL tone. What is transmitted through the repeater is all static. When the PTT button is held and you listen to the TX channel from the repeater via a scanner, all that is heard is static. Dispatch is also not able to copy any transmission from this radio. No voice comes through at all. I have tried a couple of different of our county channels that are run through a repeater, and the same issue is happening on all the frequencies. As soon as the mic is keyed, its all static.

The HT1250 is programmed in with the same TX, RX, and PL tones as another one of my handheld radios which works fine. So I know it's not an issue with the TX, RX, or PL not being in the radio correctly.

Since our county uses repeaters and this radio does not work to TX on, its effectively turned into a scanner only.

Any ideas or help is appreciated.

Thanks.

evfd1625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SCH-I535 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

It sounds like a bad PA, or an alignment issue. You might take it to a shop to see if they can check the power output and make sure it's transmitting on frequency .

evfd1625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SCH-I535 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

It's short for power amplifier. It's a little piece of electronics that takes the very very low power from the part inside that actually generates the signal and boosts it up to the power is supposed to be to go out of the antenna. They sometimes go bad if the radio has been keyed up without an antenna or a bad antenna. Sometimes they just fail.

cmdrwill

You will not be able to monitor the radio while talking thru the repeater with a scanner. The poor scanner receiver will be overloaded by the nearby transmitter, your HT1250. Try moving the scanner and your HT1250 FAR apart....

putterizer

You will not be able to monitor the radio while talking thru the repeater with a scanner. The poor scanner receiver will be overloaded by the nearby transmitter, your HT1250. Try moving the scanner and your HT1250 FAR apart....

That point is moot, I have tested using my good radio and bad radio along with a scanner and my pager on the RX freq. I dont get interference on them having them about 6ft apart. If i take the good radio and key it up, it goes through the repeater and breaks squelch on scanner and is quiet if not talking. Key the bad radio up while not talking and room is dead silent, and the scanner and pager is all static.

I'm hoping I dont have a junk board in the radio, but it may be pointing to that. My local /\/\ shop doesn't seem too willing to want to look at it for some reason. It is my own personal radio, but I use it for the FD I am on so I am authorized to be using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.