my little trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
I took a trip from northern missouri down to sam. a baker state park this week, couple of things i noted.

1- B,F,C,E, I and G all are now full time. I was surpised from Sam A Baker i was able to hear Bits of peices of Troop G. my scanner said it was "brinktown" but i suspect it was a different tower using the same control channel

2- I talked with a park ranger i think it was "351". He said MOSWIN worked pretty good over most of the park, but there was a few spots in which it was "a little tougher than others" When i was at the cabins i was getting an RSSI from the moswin radio of 78-84.

3- Heard one unid group that sounded like aircraft talking to a local county. but i never could figure out where.

Overall the coverage was pretty decent. I had some issues with an adapter cable during the start of my trip, once i corrected that issue we were able to hold pretty good signals. had a couple of "out of range" hits south of I-44 on 21 and several between ironton and highway 143 on 49.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
other note

One other thing i noted, Is troop E the only troop using the IO Call for counties calling Troop/State. I heard counties using Point to Point while i was in B F C and I but in troop E i heard iron county calling Troop E several times on E IO Call

Last edited:

BigC801

Trp H uses IO calling a lot for info to and from county's.

I am near Hickory county tonight, scanning about 10 sites from here, So far getting Trp A D F G I, Kinda neat so far.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
IO Calling

I just want to make sure I understand the terminology. When you guys mention IO Calling, is that the same as I-calling or I-call? Just want to make sure. I have a 396xt and sometimes it is weird trying to program it. Thanks.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
the talkgroup name is Reg [LETTER] IO CALL. for example here in my county it is Reg H IO CALL
there are also REG H IO 1 2 3 4 ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.