Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
MSP_24-2500.gif

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Put in the 2400 dispatch talk group and you should hear most of what you want to hear.

Jennifer_rose

Premium Subscriber
I too would like the State Patrol in the ne (Chisago, Washington (north), Anoka. What I am not getting is the program/file part. I am using freescan and RR database but that is listing the State Patrol under conventional analog!?

It must be hidden somewhere under the Trunked system. (kinda like washington county was listed under Hastings, Dakota County east heading)

BTW, happy New Year! I was driving through Lino Lakes overnight and hit a cold patch of -26, otherwise it was mostly -17. Stay warm!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Hi Jennifer!

Can't say as though I miss the Minnesota cold - gets below freezing down here in Kentucky and I'm miserable. It's more of a damp, bone chilling cold.

If I'm reading your post correctly, you might be trying to import the "old" VHF system for the state patrol, which they no long use around your neck of the woods. MSP is on the ARMER system.

So when you are doing your import using Freescan, look for the Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) (APCO P25) in Minnesota.

I'd include all of the MSP talkgroups (listed as Minnesota Department of Public Safety - State Patrol Talkgroups), along with all of the Chisago County talkgroups. Probably wouldn't hurt to add the Interoperability talkgroups too.

As far as which sites to import, you should look at the WIKI page below. It shows the sites in your county. Chisago County (MN) - The RadioReference Wiki

You may want to also import the sites for counties adjacent to Chisago. Your scanner has sufficient memory capacity for these.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
State Patrol East Metro Dispatch is on talk group 74. That is where most of the traffic is. The other talkgroups they have are mostly for tactical purposes and dont see consistent use. The analog frequencies are obsolete, do not use them.

Jennifer_rose

Premium Subscriber
OK, so I am still stumped on the troopers. On TG 86 and 76 (2440 & 2400 C2C) I have not heard anything on those.

One thing I have noticed and not sure if it makes a difference is... When I have Anoka County, Washington County and State scanning the trunk frequency (above the site line) stays on 853.7375 (side note, Chisago county says NFM). I did check and all 3 have that frequency. Am I missing something like a setting that will not allow the trunk freq to change as needed?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just taking a guess and I'd defer to the local folks with more experience. The 853.7375 is the control channel's frequency which is why it shows up most of the time. It might change if there is what's called a "channel grant" and a transmission is directed to another frequency by the brains of the system.

As far as the 2440 and 2400 C2C channels, these are tactical channels with minimal, if any, transmissions taking place. If you are receiving traffic on talkgroup 74 (East Metro 2400 dispatch or however it is labeled) all is well.

Jennifer_rose

Premium Subscriber
As far as the 2440 and 2400 C2C channels, these are tactical channels with minimal, if any, transmissions taking place.

That would make sense but am now confused in a different way. Is their a way to tell if it is a tactical or regular channel? I interpreted the map posted above (and following posts) as being the talk groups that are used by the officers in that area.

I like to set up the law enforcement in a 3 tier system in my scanner 1, immediate area. 2, local area. 3, all on that TG. I do hear a little on the 2400 (not as much as I would think) but nothing in my area so far.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
State Patrol East Metro Dispatch is on talk group 74. That is where most of the traffic is. The other talkgroups they have are mostly for tactical purposes and dont see consistent use. You can tell the difference because in the data base the dispatch channels say "law dispatch" in the tag column and the tac channels say "law tac" in the tag column.

NFM on chisago means you're likely not getting a strong enough signal to lock on to the control channel or have the wrong frequency.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That would make sense but am now confused in a different way. Is their a way to tell if it is a tactical or regular channel? I interpreted the map posted above (and following posts) as being the talk groups that are used by the officers in that area.

I like to set up the law enforcement in a 3 tier system in my scanner 1, immediate area. 2, local area. 3, all on that TG. I do hear a little on the 2400 (not as much as I would think) but nothing in my area so far.

If I remember correctly, you were going to program your scanner using one of the computer programs. When you imported the ARMER data, it should have included the talkground ID number as well as the Alpha Tag associated with that talkgroup ID. You should see "DSP" in that Alpha Tag somewhere which indicates it is a "Dispatch" or regular channel. For example, "MSP 2400 DSP". Anything other than a "DSP" channel is a tactical channel.

Generally speaking, "Dispatch" channels are those where a field unit is communicating with the dispatch center, most of the time (and occasionally between field units). "Tactical" or "Car to Car" channels usually are channels where most of the traffic is between field units or the traffic being conducted on the channel is confined to a single incident or event.

Status
Not open for further replies.