shied diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokestack

Does anyone know what i should listen too for this? I have I.S.P and vigo sheriff with wildcards just to see what i hear. I know i cant listen to terre haute police but thought i might hear the others. Was not sure if they have there own security or what not. Thanks

smokestack

Ok i ditched all the Wildcards. Was hearing too much other junk. So back to just the basics.

smokestack

140 users have looked at this topic. And not a one reply lmao. I guess no one else lives around here.........

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Without a lot of particular information/questions, it's kind of hard to interpret what/who you are wanting to listen to...

What scanner are you using?

smokestack

Without a lot of particular information/questions, it's kind of hard to interpret what/who you are wanting to listen to...

What scanner are you using?

I have a psr-800. Just was unsure if the LEOs had a special channel for the event. They have alot more manpower there this year.

wingmaker

I have a psr-800. Just was unsure if the LEOs had a special channel for the event. They have alot more manpower there this year.

What is the Event your talking about? If your talking about the Fair or something, I know Up in Lake Co. for the fair the FD/EMS Used Crown Point FD talkgroup off Safe-T and LEO used a VHF Frequency.

I would check some of the frequencies in the 150mhz-159mhz, like put them in the Limit Search and see if you hear anything. In limit search, when you hear something you don't want to, just press skip and it wont go back to it. You might get something with that, also I would try any ops or firegrounds or something of that sort. Hope that will help you:)

Love and Blessings

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Just was unsure if the LEOs had a special channel for the event.
Event? What event? This is the first time you've mentioned that you are trying to monitor any kind of event.

Is this the event you are talking about?

Scheid Diesel Extravaganza :: Scheid Diesel

If you had said that in your first post, you might have gotten more responses. You can LMAO all you want at the number of views with no responses, but, as KD4YGG said, if you had provided more information in your first post, you might have gotten more in return.

Since the event is being held at Wabash Valley Fairgrounds in Terre Haute, who ever normally handles security at that facility would be the first place to look. Terre Haute Police, Vigo County Sheriff, Indiana State Police are likely candidates. However, if the organizers have hired a private event security company, that would be harder to track down unless you know the name of the security company and that would probably require attending the event to look for a company name on the staff's shirts. Even then, if they are renting radios, you'd probably have to know the name of the radio rental company.

W9NES

Smokestack, A person who is in the know is usswood. He lives in in Vigo County and he should be able to help you answer your question.

Last edited:

smokestack

Thanks for the info guys :)

Not really wanting to listen to the event itself. Mainly just the rukus that happens around town because of it. Every year they hold this the town gets tore up! I am glad i dont live there anymore. Its just a big mess after hours i guess. Anyhow. Thanks guys.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Typical assignments in the past (at least for the county fair) were the "H" zone mutual aid talkgroups. Specifically, H-MA-2, for on-site comms.

BTW, THPD Dispatch is NOT encrypted.

W9NES

Did anyone hear any radio traffic for this event? I did as State Excise Police made a lot of arrest for under age drinking, durgs, etc.on Fri night 8/23 and Sat Night 8/24/13. Heard this in Indianapolis on Safe-t.

usswood

arrests, dwi(s), fights, not to mention all the trash everywhere! Comms where to numerous to keep track of pretty much anything! Glad its over! Excise, State police, City, County, ISU, West Terre Haute PD, along with State police Commander and Vigo Sheriff himself worked both nights!!!!

canav844

Keep and ear out on the H-MA channels (H-MA 2 tonight, sometimes is 1 sometimes its 3) as well as the dispatch, with all the agencies around where the coordination will happen. And of course the CB always lights up.

Dispatch is mostly just an abnormally high running of plates and guns, with a little bit of crowd reporting.
Vigo County Sheriff and Terre Haute Police Dispatch

DJ11DLN

I don't pay much attention to this event generally, because it always seems to degenerate into a drunken mess. Radio traffic both Friday and Saturday nights was pretty lively. And I caught the call Saturday where someone wanted to speak to an officer in re a "Deputy" having pinched him for 4X seatbelt violations, and told him that he had to pay up on the spot or go to jail. I know some states have this silly pay-now-or-else policy, but IN law makes this absolutely illegal. The VCSD had given the private security hired for the event, part of them anyway, Special Deputy ID's. And one of them apparently couldn't resist shaking down an attendee for a hundred bucks. At least he complained and it's become an ISP investigation, and has hit the local news. If the allegations are true, I'd hope there will be some serious consequences, and it makes me wonder how many out-of-state folks got caught that way and didn't know any better, just paid up and counted their blessings. Disgusting.

smokestack

Yeah i seen that on the news. It does make you wonder how many did pay. I avoid the entire town during that crap. Today is the start of little italy in clinton where i live. Its not bad. Just the late night outdoor bands at the bar that drive me crazy. Its 2 blocks down the road from me and keeps me up all night

Sent via morse code from my front porch light

DJ11DLN

Today is the start of little italy in clinton where i live. Its not bad. Just the late night outdoor bands at the bar that drive me crazy. Its 2 blocks down the road from me and keeps me up all night

Sent via morse code from my front porch light

That brings back memories! Been years since I made it up there, nice little festival. If the weather doesn't pee on us I might have to see if I can make it this weekend.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.