Wayne Co Towers Affiliates

Status
Not open for further replies.

feta92

Can anyone or does anyone know which towers (outside of the Wayne Co TRS) affiliate with Wayne Co. I am in Eastern Macomb Co and am hoping to pick up Wayne Co radio comms.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
If you mean that you want to hear (non-Detroit) Wayne traffic on MPSCS, you will be able to hear a fair bit on Macomb towers. Listening to a non-Detroit tower is best.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Re:

I think he is talking about the cities that are on the Wayne Co Sim like Romulus, Redford and Huron Twp. If this is the case.... the best bet would be to try the Northville, Southfield, and Flat Rock towers. Depending upon where a given unit is, they could be on any one of the three. For example if there is a north Redford unit, they would be on both the Wayne Co Sim towers as well as the Southfield tower, while a Huron Twp unit would be on the Wayne Co Sim and Flat Rock towers.

If you are talking about the "pointes" on the east Wayne system, I am not sure if they affiliate with any other towers since they are surrounded by other simulcast systems. You might hear them on the Macomb sim towers.

Last edited:

N8DAD

Feed Provider
Help Program Wayne County System

Not sure what to do , have a new 996xt and live in Romulus Area..

What System Type do i use, P25 One Freq Trunk (Digital XT) or P25 Standard (Digital XT)
an Site Type Do i use ???

I believe its a Simulcast System ??? !!!

Can some one help me out.... Please

Thanks, Barry - N8DAD

N8DAD

Feed Provider
Towers

Well on the Wayne County Simulcast, which is the nearest towner to me I for one would like to listen to the Sheriff's Dept , MSP District 2
for just a few live in Romulus....

i have another scanner up north in gaylord michigan, and that all works great with that radio up there
what has me lost is this simulcast i believe ..

I guess im trying to explain the best way i know how.
im not sure if i just need the control channel or what if i need to program it as a P25 Standard or what ?
im sorry im not explaining this very good any help u cant try to help me with is great

Barry

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Re: Setting up a 996 in Detroit , Need Help

From what you said in the other topic:
Well on the Wayne County Simulcast, which is the nearest towner to me I for one would like to listen to the Sheriff's Dept , MSP District 2
for just a few live in Romulus....

i have another scanner up north in gaylord michigan, and that all works great with that radio up there
what has me lost is this simulcast i believe ..

I guess im trying to explain the best way i know how.
im not sure if i just need the control channel or what if i need to program it as a P25 Standard or what ?
im sorry im not explaining this very good any help u cant try to help me with is great

Barry

With MPSCS you just need the control channel for the tower(s) you are wanting to listen to. With a simulcast system, all the towers will be using the same frequency.

N8DAD

Feed Provider
Hello krokus

ok i got that, im using freescan software and do i choose the system type as a p25 standard or a p25
or a p25 one freq trunking ??? and what would it be...

cause it seems i have tried about it all and i get nothing on the scanner when its in scan or search mode
it never stops on anything ....

Thanks

Barry

N8DAD

Feed Provider
System Type on Towers

for northville and southville and flatrock, from the "Romulus Area" do i only load the control freq and do i use (p25 standard) or (p25 one free trunk) i have put it as a (p25 one free trunk) and i think i had it set to that when i picked up the northville tower. i only seem to be able to pick up msp district 2 dispatch and not very often. i also have the Wayne County Simulcast LSM, tower in and dont hear a thing i do have the newest firmware in can anyone give me any hints.. i am new to the area and tryin to set this up. its a bit diff from the north country of michigan....

any help would be great....

Barry

kd8ati

Feed Provider
for northville and southville and flatrock, from the "Romulus Area" do i only load the control freq and do i use (p25 standard) or (p25 one free trunk) i have put it as a (p25 one free trunk) and i think i had it set to that when i picked up the northville tower. i only seem to be able to pick up msp district 2 dispatch and not very often. i also have the Wayne County Simulcast LSM, tower in and dont hear a thing i do have the newest firmware in can anyone give me any hints.. i am new to the area and tryin to set this up. its a bit diff from the north country of michigan....

any help would be great....

Barry

I will try and help best I can. Since I am a GRE person myself, that help might be kind of limited. After doing some quick research, the one trunk option is for trunking systems with only one site, for example the city of Warren trunk system, or the Western Wayne system, neither of which is part of the MPSCS statewide system. For any tower / site that is part of the MPSCS, like Northville or Detroit Sim, you will need the P25 standard option.

Now the next part is a bit tricky. You will need to figure out exactly what you want to listen to, as far as departments / cities go. that will determine what MPSCS towers / sites you program in. All Detroit PD & FD units transmit ONLY on the Detroit Simulcast site so you would need to program in the Control & alternate freqs for the Det Sim. Wayne County Sheriff is heard on both Detroit Sim & Wayne Co Sim so you would want those two for the sheriff. MSP D2 is heard on almost all the local MPSCS sites, for obvious reasons. However if you programed in just Northville & Southfield sites, you would be good to go.

Now after you get each of the sites programed in you need to tell the scanner which talkgroups (departments) you want to listen to for each of the systems you programed above.... keeping in mind not all talkgroups transmit on every site..... like my Detroit example above, with few exceptions such as the Statewide talkgroups.

If you have any questions on which talkgroups transmit on which site, feel free to ask, as I think I have most of them down pretty good. Since you are in Redford, I will say Redford is on the Wayne CO Sim, but can sometimes be heard on Southfield or Northville.

N8DAD

Feed Provider
re: kd8ati

hello thanks for taking the time to explain that to me., most of it i did understand and some im still off on..
its a lot different setting up a scanner in the big city then it is up here in Gaylord, MI..

thanks and hope to talk to you again i hope...

Barry

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Each MPSCS radio affiliates with a tower. The talkgroup selected on that radio has to be authorized on that tower. (Most talkgroups are authorized only on towers in and around that talkgroup's home area. For instance, most of the Washtenaw County talkgroups are only authorized on the towers in the county and one ring of towers around the county.)

Status
Not open for further replies.