Huron county 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnnm1062

longtime member
Speaking with a few people up that way, due to budgets too expensive to move to anything else. I suppose only way to raise funds would be to pass a millage or at very least public awareness

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
They really need to migrate to the MPSCS. This would be the best overall plan, especially when it comes to interoperability. Their current radio system is long overdue for replacement.

73's

Ron

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Just go for grant money, they could go on the basis of homeland security.
I know Bay county was what they did it for the tower and radios.
Although 'I believe' using their current radios many could just be firmware flashed for mpscs? Assuming so, a big savings over new radios.

One thing for sure though whatever they go to, unfortunately where they are at geographically, the DB would be VERY slow to be populated! Short of people from elsewhere driving up there for the cheeseburger festival, statepark, etc. Not that I am knocking the population there and elsewhere, just stating the current reality is all.
Just anything from there straight west, then north not much submissions that we get.

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Need to update the Huron county news section of the dbase.

Huron Daily Tribune > Archives > News > Local News > County pays $1.2 million to upgrade 911 radio system

Published: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:29 AM EST

HURON COUNTY — An upgrade to its 911 radio system will cost Huron County more than $1.2 million.

The Huron County Board of Commissioners voted unanimously to contract with E.F Johnson of Irving, Texas, on Tuesday morning to create the system and remain independent of Michigan’s Emergency System. An alternate plan that was discussed would be to upgrade Huron County to the state’s emergency system at a cost of $1.1 million, but that also would mean a yearly fee of $45,000 to $50,000 that the county would have to pay.

The new system will have about a 15-year lifespan.

Randy Miller, director of Huron County Emergency Services, pointed out advantages of remaining independent of the state system.

The state system would put limits on how much time police, firefighters and EMS services could spend on the radio.

“With the fees we would have to pay, we’ll come out ahead,” Miller said. “The new system is going to expand coverage for all our first responders out there.”

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.4; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1309251116) Presto/2.11.355 Version/12.10)

Put limits on the amount of time on the radio? Yes, 60 seconds per transmission.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Actually, Kenwood bought out EFJohnson a few months ago. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Kenwood strongly prefers NXDN or P25 modulation. Since they are installing a new digital system in Huron County, it should be P25 for public safety interop purposes.

73's

Ron

hrossemt

Huron County 911

Radio service is mobile in the county doing radio checks. Talk group ID of 1 is coming up. 854.33750 has been the control channel. The old LTR frequencie of 854.76250 seems to be the only voice channel so far. When I listen to 854.76250 on the old anolog, it just picks up the digital noise. 854.76250 on the digital scanner is coming in nice and clear. Not sure what the new talk group ID's for Huron County are going to be. If anyone hears any new ones, please post. Thank you.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Be sure to set your radio to pickup eveything. Radio shack set wildcard and uniden to id search.
I am two counties away in Bay and reception isnt always coming in.
Be sure to report talkgroups ypu find here or make a submission through the database
Thanks for the help!

hrossemt

Huron County 911

Radio service testing the system. Using the following talk group ID's.
No confirmation on who will be using which ID. I hear unit numbers on the assorted ID's but I don't know who the unit is.
5 may be a Med Com ID but don't quote me on it. Unit 402 testing as they were mobile. They were in Lapeer county and down by Imaly City. Still sending a good signal. Also see frequencie 855.33750 coming up as a digital voice channel.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
One thing with them not being part of MPSCS, you can leave on Unidens it set to ID Search or on radio Shacks, set the wildcard accordingly.
Then be all set to pickup anything on the Huron system.

Status
Not open for further replies.