Couple of new things noticed in Southwest Missouri MOSWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRsTheMAN

Troop D Dispatch 4 channel was all Water Patrol. They had trouble in a lot of spots. They will need to fill in the gaps in some area's of Table Rock.

Also, Newton County Sheriff has been using MOSWIN. Only certain units because when I hear them on MOSWIN, I do not hear them on 155.700. I am thinking its the Highway Patrol units using that talk group to talk to Newton County dispatch.

Noticed that Barry County Sheriff has been using their vehicle repeaters because you can hear a squelch noise after each transmission, but when I go to the frequency listed on here that should be the cross band repeater, I hear nothing. So need to do more investigating to see what that frequency actually is.

Bill3

I have been struggling to find the Water Patrol around Table Rock. I hear dispatch 3 I think talking with highway troopers. I get a lot of Barry County and or Cassville police. I can't seem to figure out why I cannot hear any Water Patrol.

I am using a Uniden BCD-396XT, Motorola Type II / P25, Motorola 800MHz Standard (type II). Programmed for Troop D with all of their talk group id's. Actually I am scanning using "ID Search" and not "ID Scan". All set up through FreeScan from the Radio Reference database.

Any help or pointers are appreciated

flhays

Premium Subscriber
Since the Water Patrol was forced Into the Highway Patrol, I don't think they have their own talk groups, or do they? Their radio numbering system was easily identified on the old Water Patrol frequencies. They were the 1200's. Unless you know their radio number, or hear them talking about boating stuff, you might not know they are working the lake or rivers, and some may do both. I have a friend, now retired from the Water Patrol that wanted troopers working the east side of Troop D to use Rolla, Troop I, I think for dispatching, since they could get to tower in Lebanon, Mo and could not get a Troop D tower. The area near Bennet Spring.

Last edited:

iamhere300

Since the Water Patrol was forced Into the Highway Patrol, I don't think they have their own talk groups, or do they? Their radio numbering system was easily identified on the old Water Patrol frequencies. They were the 1200's. Unless you know their radio number, or hear them talking about boating stuff, you might not know they are working the lake or rivers, and some may do both. I have a friend, now retired from the Water Patrol that wanted troopers working the east side of Troop D to use Rolla, Troop I, I think for dispatching, since they could get to tower in Lebanon, Mo and could not get a Troop D tower. The area near Bennet Spring.

Well they don't have to worry about it now. The troops don't have certain towers assigned to just them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.