Wyoming County PL/DPL tones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an updated list of PL tones, because there are a few PL tones that are listed that are not the right PL tone, and I don't have my pro97 anymore to tell me what the PL tones are.

Ops 1's PL tone and PD Dispatch's PL tone listed in the database aren't correct.

captclint

Mentor
Ops 1's PL tone and PD Dispatch's PL tone listed in the database aren't correct.
I don't routinely monitor Wyoming, but I have a file of confirmed freq's and tones. It agrees with the DB, so I just put in 155.1900 PD in the scanner, and confirmed 203.5 PL. Admittedly, the signal is weak (with the leaves on the trees), but it is unlikely that someone else is using that freq with same tone as I confirmed a while ago for Wyoming. What made you think is was incorrect?

Last edited:
Well I have an XTS2500 m3 in VHF and an XTS3000 in vhf but I'm only using the 2500 but anyway, on the PD channel it has 2 different PL tones actually. 206.5 and 203.5 work. But today there was an MVA really close to my house, they switched over to Ops 1 and I had the Database PL tone programmed into it, and I couldn't hear anything, until I took off the PL tone, The red light flashed with the PL tone on but no audio will come out, signifying that it's not the right PL tone.

Oh and it's not weak because of the leaves, it's even pretty weak here in the county, and I live about 8 miles from the 911 center so.

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
they switched over to Ops 1 and I had the Database PL tone programmed into it, and I couldn't hear anything, until I took off the PL tone, The red light flashed with the PL tone on but no audio
Just copied Ops 1. PL was 203.5. I'll send an update, and will try to monitor some of the other Wyoming freq's

Last edited:

One13Truck

Feed Provider
All I can get is the dispatch channel down here in the Valley and I can barely get that. I can say that one is correct but not sure on any of the others. I will be in the Kunkle/Beaumont area tomorrow for about an hour or two though so I'll make sure I have my 396XT in the event I get lucky and something is going on so I can check on any of the other channels.

Do they still keep the Zone 3 as a backup dispatch channel or use that at all? I see it still listed but I can now barely get Lackawanna so I know if Wyoming is using it I'll never be able to hear them.

Last edited:
All I can get is the dispatch channel down here in the Valley and I can barely get that. I can say that one is correct but not sure on any of the others. I will be in the Kunkle/Beaumont area tomorrow for about an hour or two though so I'll make sure I have my 396XT in the event I get lucky and something is going on so I can check on any of the other channels.

Do they still keep the Zone 3 as a backup dispatch channel or use that at all? I see it still listed but I can now barely get Lackawanna so I know if Wyoming is using it I'll never be able to hear them.

Yeah, the dispatch channel is really weak even living in the county. And No they don't use the backup dispatch channel anymore, as far as I know. That is Lackawanna County's FD dispatch so that's why you hear them. Thanks for doing that. It's pretty quiet right now though, but I'm sure if it starts to rain really hard it'll go nuts.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I know before they got their own channel they used to share Zone 3 with Lackawanna. I could get them on that but not as clear as Lackawanna. Now that they're on their own my ability to get them on their dispatch channel is very dependent on weather. Sometimes I get lucky and it comes in OK but only very rarely.

Unfortunately it was very slow when I was able to listen today. On our county's side I caught Kunkle Station 31 & Medic 33 (sorry I despise the Luzerne county numbers and still use the mutual aid numbers) go to the crash they had. 2-9 had an EMS call but even out in Kunkle it was very hard to pick up the dispatch channel. That was about it from what I had heard. Figures.... :(

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I tried!!! Ironically Carbon County uses the Wyoming County dispatch channel as one of their PD channels and on the older scanner w/o PL's there are times I can pick them up better than Wyoming County on that channel. I miss the days before narrowbanding when there were stronger signals to be able to pick up more. Even down here in my hole in the Valley.

Bringing this back up from the dead.. I got a new radio, an Icom IC-F70T. Well it get's a lot of interference if I don't have PL/DPL tones.. So does anyone know Lake Winola's Repeater PL/DPL also PSP VHF backup PL, and PD Nationals PL tone? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.