tac channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadabbado

hope thus is the proper [lace for this question. can a feed provider broadcast tactical channels such as tac 1 with there live broadcast i was with the understanding this was not permitted am i right or wrong

richtidd

Database Admin
hope thus is the proper [lace for this question. can a feed provider broadcast tactical channels such as tac 1 with there live broadcast i was with the understanding this was not permitted am i right or wrong

Here is the TOS:
Law Enforcement Feeds:
I agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talk groups for law enforcement agencies.
Please also see here: Law Enforcement Feeds - TOS Clarifications http://forums.radioreference.com/li...law-enforcement-feeds-tos-clarifications.html

bemyax

Feed Provider
Just my two cents worth. The feed provider should attempt to bear an additional responsibility beyond simply complying with the terms of service. My feed has a channel typically used during special events for safety and traffic management. Black Hawk County Sheriff, Fire and EMS, Waterloo Police Although the database shows this as Law Tac, I haven't heard any such use, so I had to receive permission to relay it. However, a short while back, local detectives were using it on a car-to-car basis during an investigation. I turned Incident 12 off for a period of time.

I suppose an argument could be made regarding any compromise of public/officer safety or compromising the integrity of an investigation. This is where a level of common sense from the feed provider is required.

abbadabbado

i have contacted the feed provider for the east pasco police in pasco county fl an ask him not to re broadcast county sheriff tac channels he has never respondrd to me i contacted forums people about this just last night the feed in question was broadcasting yhe sheriff office doing under cover details on tac 1 i compared the feed with my live scanner reception they run about a 10 second delay i guess feed providers can do just about what ever they want. right now the 800 edacs system is making some kind of noise likew encription or provoice or something just on some tags. so i guess my whyining about the tac channels will soon take care of itself

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
RR.com doesn't understand how TAC channels are used and due to this they just blanket ban them. Quite sad really.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
RR.com doesn't understand how TAC channels are used and due to this they just blanket ban them. Quite sad really.

"I agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talk groups for law enforcement agencies."

TAC channels are not banned. Feed providers AGREE to the above terms. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

You may want to send a direct email to admin at audio@radioreference.com Include the feed link and the time and date you heard the prohibited transmissions.

Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Ahh so if someone claims you are streaming a tac channel you can just say it was a special event boom all within policy.

Car chases, lost people etc.. all special events now.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Tactical TG's/Freqs are not allowed on broadcastify/radioreference feeds. Broadcasters know this. The rules are clear. Yet there are some that think its ok to violate rules every time a major incident pops on. Prime example: The WU shooting the other night. I monitored the live feeds, and the WU one has Alpha Tags running. It had at least 2 specifically labeled as TAC that were not blocked out at all during the incident. There are penalties for infractions, just as there are rewards for doing things right, such as monetary rewards etc for having a feed during an incident that has massive amounts of listeners. BUT - The penalties kick in when you intentionally violate our TOS's.... If I recall, your feed can get pulled permanently in the list of penalties? So guys, lets do things the right way please. I am a former feed provider, and the only time I didn't lock out LE TAC, or MEDCOM was on a freq that was used for everything since they only had the 1 freq.

Anyway, back to the fun.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.