BC780XLT on Busy channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I have a BC780xlt and I have a few freqs programmed in I notice when it stops on one of these busy channels it only stays for a sec then scans while they are still talking. Anyone know how to turn this off? I even turned on delay and still does it.

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Check your delay time, I think you have a negative time set. Make sure you set the delay for 2 seconds. I sounds like you might have the delay time currently set to -2 seconds.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I checked and no it's not set on - anything it just set on 2 seconds. can not figure out why it will scan when a channel is busy.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Do you happen to have priority mode set on or weather same or any thing else that might make it cut out? Signal stalker or close call modes on??

SpectreOZ

I had this exact issue and tried setting the delays etc. which had absolutely no effect for me either, the problem I discovered fumbling through the menu features was "Data Skip" was enabled you need to deactivate this feature.

Menu > System Data > Data Skip > Off

ta da! :D

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I had this exact issue and tried setting the delays etc. which had absolutely no effect for me either, the problem I discovered fumbling through the menu features was "Data Skip" was enabled you need to deactivate this feature.

Menu > System Data > Data Skip > Off

ta da! :D

BINGO!!!! We have a winner I think that was the problem. Thank you for the help this was driving me insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.