Ontario Sports wiki pages needs removal of dupliacte info

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
There is a lot of duplication of sports leagues (NBA, NHL) listed on the Ontario page that are also listed in the respective state pages. Originally these sports leagues had all their info on one single page til the directive to move this info to state specific pages. Someone copied these sports league pages to Ontario's page back in 2009 for some reason.

I would just blow away this whole section (except for the appropriate Canadian teams), however I wonder if people have made edits to team frequencies on the Ontario page that aren't reflected on the wiki page where that data should be housed (ex. Miami Heat should be on the Florida sports page not Ontario's)
Ontario Sports - The RadioReference Wiki

QDP2012

...I wonder if people have made edits to team frequencies on the Ontario page that aren't reflected on the wiki page where that data should be housed (ex. Miami Heat should be on the Florida sports page not Ontario's)
Ontario Sports - The RadioReference Wiki

In case it might help someone who edits the Ontario Sports page, below is a quick comparison of it with the related states' sports pages, when comparing only the manually-entered data and ignoring the RRDB-driven tables (e.g. Miami Heat).

Ontario Sports page sections with manually-entered data:
  • NHL - Anaheim Ducks
    • (the California Sports page contains the exact same info)
  • NHL - Atlanta Thrashers
    • (per GA Sports page, was sold to Winnipeg Canada)
  • NHL - Minnesota Wild
    • (the MN Sports page shows the same freqs, but lists them in tables as matched in/out freqs, not just simplex.)
  • NHL - New York Islanders
    • (the NY Sports page has the exact same info)
  • NHL - New York Rangers
    • (the exact same info is listed on the NY Sports page under the heading "Madison Square Gardens")
  • NHL - Ottawa Senators
    • (Canada)
  • NHL - Pheonix Coyotes
    • (the AZ Sports page contains the exact same info)
  • NHL - Pittsburg Penguins
    • (the PA Sports page contains the exact same info)
  • NHL - Tampa Bay Lightning
    • (the FL Sports page contains the exact same info)

• NBA - Atlanta Hawks
    • (GA Sports page contains all this info and more)
  • NBA - Indiana Pacers
    • (IL Sport page contains the same freqs, but has a different MECA TRS link)
  • NBA - Brooklyn Nets
    • (have not found this info anywhere else, yet.)
  • NBA - New York Knicks
    • (the exact same info is listed on the NY Sports page under the heading "Madison Square Gardens")
  • NBA - New Orleans Hornets
    • (the LA Sports page contains the exact same info, but listed under heading "New Orleans Pelicans")
  • NBA - Sacramento Kings
    • (the California Sports page lists the exact same freqs and callsign, but has a different Arena name)
  • NBA - Utah Jazz
    • (the UT Sports page contains the exact same info)

• Nascar General
    • (the same list is found on the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series wiki page)

• NLL - Minnesota Swarm
    • ("Swarm" not found on the MN Sports page, but the same callsign and freq list was found on the MN Sports page, listed under "Minnesota Wild")
  • NLL - New York Titans

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

QDP2012

To prevent old-data inaccuracies, the static data listed in Post #2 have been replaced with links to the related (wiki-page) sources.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The non-Ontario sports teams have been removed from the Ontario Sports article.

Just a reminder, the RadioReference Wiki is a user-editable resource. If you see things in a Wiki article that need to be changed, you can log into the Wiki and edit the page. If you inadvertently delete previous information from a Wiki article, it's not the end of the world--the Wiki software retains previous versions.

mciupa

The non-Ontario sports teams have been removed from the Ontario Sports article.

Just a reminder, the RadioReference Wiki is a user-editable resource. If you see things in a Wiki article that need to be changed, you can log into the Wiki and edit the page. If you inadvertently delete previous information from a Wiki article, it's not the end of the world--the Wiki software retains previous versions.

I reviewed this article and found that it had some dated information. Since the article has been put up, our sports facility is using a DMR trunking system.

I made the necessary edits and we are now current with our information.

Thank you, I appreciate this post bring this article to our attention.

mciupa

I reviewed this article and found that it had some dated information. Since the article has been put up, our sports facility is using a DMR trunking system.

I made the necessary edits and we are now current with our information.

Thank you, I appreciate this post bring this article to our attention.

I re-read what I posted and .... Wow, no speaky de Inglis. :roll:

What I meant to say was that the trunking system has been converted from Motorola Analog to TRBO DMR and thank you for bringing the article to our attention. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.