Nelson Ambulance/CT Handivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

scollier

Hey all,

Anyone have the freqs for Nelson Amb/chaircar disp and also CT Handivan and ACS?

Thanks,
shawn

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not sure but my notes have 452.1250 D431 for Nelson.

kmacinct

Shutdown

Seriously
He wasnt kidding!!!

Federal Communications Commission

We regret the disruption, but during the Federal Government-wide shutdown, the FCC is limited to performing duties that are immediately necessary for the safety of life or the protection of property. FCC online systems will not be available until further notice.

FCC Shutdown Plan
Public Notice on Procedures for Filings
Notice Regarding Pending Section 214 Applications Due to the Lapse in Appropriations
Auction 902 Short-Form Application Filing Window Suspended
Informal Transaction Shot Clocks Suspended During Lapse in Funding
Postponement of October 2, 2013 E911 Location Accuracy Workshop
If you need to contact the FCC to address an emergency situation, please call: (202) 418-1122 or email: FCCOPCenter@fcc.gov.

Telecommunications companies must continue to use the Network Outage Reporting System (NORS), which will remain available during the shutdown, to file reports of telecommunication service disruptions pursuant to Part 4 of the FCC's rules. NORS allows companies to file Notifications, Initial Reports and Final Reports. The information on service disruptions is essential to maintain and improve the reliability and security of the telecommunications infrastructure.

Vacancy announcements for positions that were open for receipt of applications have been closed and will re-open when the Government is operational.

During this time, the FCC is not accepting any deliveries of supplies, or services that have not been identified as necessary for the safety of life or the protection of property.

The Commission has issued a Public Notice concerning procedures for submissions that would be due to the FCC during the shutdown.

last reviewed/updated on 10/1/2013

fdscan

Definitely wasn't thinking of that being shut down before this happened... Didn't realize till I ran that search.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
CT. Handivan (Nelson) is on the Marcus communications LTR system as Nelson Ambulance, and Access Ambulance are.. They are dispatched from the same dispatch room in their North Haven communications headquarters. They have offices in Bridgeport and Stamford. I don't believe the frequency listed here is active anymore.
Nelson Ambulance Service

Manny

Last edited:

fdscan

Gotcha.

I knew Hunters was... But I'm not really in the area so don't know. I was just going off what the database said... So OP, take Manny's word for it.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
that marcus system is confusing I looked at I tonight and there is 11 sites but only 1 talkgroup which is east Hampton ems--there is no talkgroup for hunters or nelson and I believe Aetna ambulance in Hartford is also on the marcus system

fdscan

From what I know/assume, private EMS companies/handi-van companies (Hunters, Nelson, etc) like it because they usually cover kind of scattered areas, it's not like they cover one single big blob of area, there's different areas they cover scattered across the state, right? I think? This Marcus system lets the dispatch center hit any unit anywhere in the state, that's covered.

That, versus, say, a town's EMS department, where they just have a conventional analog frequency or whatever and just use that for their single town.

N1TGE

Banned
From what I know/assume, private EMS companies/handi-van companies (Hunters, Nelson, etc) like it because they usually cover kind of scattered areas, it's not like they cover one single big blob of area, there's different areas they cover scattered across the state, right? I think? This Marcus system lets the dispatch center hit any unit anywhere in the state, that's covered.

That, versus, say, a town's EMS department, where they just have a conventional analog frequency or whatever and just use that for their single town.

Yes that's right. I believe the wide area coverage is called Passport versus regular LTR trunking. It is monitorable with a couple of scanners and some software but not right out of the box with any commercially made scanner currently on the market.

Passport system seem to transmit a carrier every second or two while regular LTR transmits about every 8 seconds. If I remember right, the transmissions are data for that specific home channel. It's been awhile so some of this info may be wrong.

East Hampton EMS dumped Marcus after he moved the LTR site in East Hampton to Durham and told them it would still work out with portable coverage.... Sure didn't!

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
just to be clear, if we have a 996xt or 396xt scanner we cant monitor the marcus passport system what is the system that is in he CT database at the bottom that has the east Hampton talk group.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Marcus has (or had) a conventional LTR system at each location as well.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
It works but is unwieldy to monitor the system. Once you have ID'ed the talkgroups you want you then can set the priority threshold to not listen to the stuff you don't want to.
It has been a while since I monitored the Passport stuff. When I last did, Nelson EMS TGID was 61876 & 61879, Hunters was 61978, Aetna was 62047, ASM was 62171.
Since it was several years ago I wouldn't trust that but it may give a starting point.

chris

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
It works but is unwieldy to monitor the system. Once you have ID'ed the talkgroups you want you then can set the priority threshold to not listen to the stuff you don't want to.
It has been a while since I monitored the Passport stuff. When I last did, Nelson EMS TGID was 61876 & 61879, Hunters was 61978, Aetna was 62047, ASM was 62171.
Since it was several years ago I wouldn't trust that but it may give a starting point.

chris

what site from the 11 sites d0you program in or do you have to put in all 11 sites, if I cant monitor them from my 996xt then I wont eve bother-lol

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is not a matter of plugging something into the 996 and monitoring. You need a discriminator tapped scanner, a LTR slicer, a second scanner which must be computer controllable (but not the new Unidens), and a computer running the DOS based LTRTrunk software.

chris

N1TGE

Banned
Rick if you want to try it I can make you a data slicer.

fdscan

Yes that's right. I believe the wide area coverage is called Passport versus regular LTR trunking. It is monitorable with a couple of scanners and some software but not right out of the box with any commercially made scanner currently on the market.

Passport system seem to transmit a carrier every second or two while regular LTR transmits about every 8 seconds. If I remember right, the transmissions are data for that specific home channel. It's been awhile so some of this info may be wrong.

East Hampton EMS dumped Marcus after he moved the LTR site in East Hampton to Durham and told them it would still work out with portable coverage.... Sure didn't!

Yeah, Passport, that's it... Forgot to mention that.

This wouldn't be a bad idea for AMR... System coverage depending... Their radio system seems a little out of whack if you ask me.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Trying to monitor LTR and Passport the old fashion way, is a pain the rear. That data burst every so many seconds is awful! Software is definitely a must. I can tell you that the coverage is pretty wide and there are no issues with reception. I did a ride along in a Nelson Handi-Van one day for about 8 hours. Went ALL OVER the FFLD. county and NHVN. county areas and no issues with reception. However that system is set up, it works well!

Manny.

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.