Antenna Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
I am looking to get a new antenna for my vehicle mobile scanner. I need 800-900mhz and I would like the " coke can " type as I call them. I know Laird makes one called a phantom and it looks good bu i cant find the width dimension on it anywhere. A fellow RR buddy let me borrow one but it was real fat. Im looking for the slim one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

LtDoc

Have you tried to 'google' for that type antenna from Laird? I did and it came up with several as you described.
- 'Doc

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Search for "PCTEL" antennas.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I am looking to get a new antenna for my vehicle mobile scanner. I need 800-900mhz and I would like the " coke can " type as I call them. I know Laird makes one called a phantom and it looks good bu i cant find the width dimension on it anywhere. A fellow RR buddy let me borrow one but it was real fat. Im looking for the slim one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Laird Tech TRAB8213

The Phantom antenna provides low visibility with a wide bandwidth and low angle radiation pattern that can produce results superior to many high gain antennas. Made from high grade plastic, 3-1/2 in H x 1.438 in D. Requires a ground plane.

I use the 760-870 MHz. model and it's performance is outstanding.

Last edited:

wa2chj

With these antennas, the lower the frequency band, the fatter the antenna is and the narrower the bandwidth gets. I have one in the 2-meter VHF ham band, and it's about 4" in diameter and the bandwidth is +/- 1 MHz. It works well within that bandwidth when properly tuned, I don't know how well it works for receiving very far away from the tuned frequency. The UHF and above versions are much smaller in diameter, and the bandwidth is wider.

Status
Not open for further replies.