Maxx Tenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience or information about the "Maxx Tenna" antenna for scanners? I noticed it on Ebay as I have Uniden Home Patrol and wanted to try something new in the type of antenna connection I am using.

Thanks

bear780ks

I had a Look at this Antenna looks kind of Neat but never tried one the Antenna that I would use if I got a Home Patrol again would either be Radio Shack 800 which has a 6 DB Gain in 800mHz or I like using Comet's SMA 3

Click on the Blue to Follow the Link to the company that makes this antenna..

NCG Company::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

To add: I looked some more on the Maxx antenna through the ebay site and it seems be Quit well made and for my some one that lives in an Apartment it might work really well inside or out if I could find a place to mount it outside..

Last edited:

Jimepage

I have it sbout 25 foot in the air with low loss coax and it is really not good. It does no better than my rubber antennas that are on the top of my scanner!!! The guy on ebay who sells these has good feedback, maybe because he is a fast shipper or the people dont know any better. This antenna gave me almost no extra range at all.

tonerbo

max-tenna

I bought a maxi-tenna and It did not work for me.It was worse than my antenna. Max-tenna told me to send it back to get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.