Tolland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb1ejw

Local Idiot
Feed Provider
I've noticed in the past couple/ few months, I can't hear 33.44 radio traffic, which used to be repeated on 460.025 & 154.740. Both now repeat 33.86 transmissions. Could someone list some links that simulcast 33.44? I can't pick up low band at all. Thanks for any help..
Jeremy

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Try one of the many in the database. There are a ton more than I recall from my KX days. Surely some are off the air or changed what they are linked to.

It seems like a waste of spectrum to have so many. Simulcast or a regional trunking would probably benefit everyone.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Try one of the many in the database. There are a ton more than I recall from my KX days. Surely some are off the air or changed what they are linked to.

It seems like a waste of spectrum to have so many. Simulcast or a regional trunking would probably benefit everyone.

I agree with you there, a regional trunking would be nice like the system in new London county or even do something like Litchfield county --I monitor at times the 154.740 freq and hear the dispatches for the county

kmacinct

Tolland

Ton of changes made back on July 1st this year, with the addition of Hebron to the TN center's responsibilities.

During that time they reallocated who works on what and when and when.

I dont have a current update yet.

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hebron requires so much babysitting for such a small place.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Tolland County has quite a bit of terrian features that the system they have now works as best as it can for them. Some of the links or repeaters are fire department owned, some are TN owned and have various capabilites. I know they looked into a different radio system but the cost of it would be overwhelming to the towns that uses TN.

Basically, way too expensive to cover the areas needed and those towns cannot afford to spend the little money they have to cover the costs (as far as trunking goes). Last I heard there was talk in putting in regional (to the county) simulcats repeaters (still $$$) for wide area operations, but with so many departments and lack of some radio discipline, it would be a logistical nightmare.

An example would be the usual summer storms causing multiple alarms in multiple fire districts with everyone loading up the main dispatch/operations channel. Not a good thing. This is why many of those departments use their own fireground lowband or uhf channels.

Would be nice, but funding just isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.