Port Hope Police System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was under the impression they weren't going to be dispatched by Cobourg until Jan 1st 2014?

I listen to them on analog 142.245 but the last day or 2 i am just getting some sort of noise? possibly tones for new system?

Anyone that could give a listen and tell me what the noise indicates as i am a noob with digital systems :(

If they are now being dispatched by Cobourg, what frequency are they on and are they still encoded?

Thanks

sirsmiley

NXDN, and they aren't going to be dispatched by Coburg, they're going to be dispatched by Owen Sound according to the paper

NXDN, and they aren't going to be dispatched by Coburg, they're going to be dispatched by Owen Sound according to the paper

OK thanks

Thats a start, You can here them with a digital scanner, the encryption is gone?

bigcam406

why pay someone else across the province to dispatch for the town? doesn't make any sense to me.are times that tough in Port Hope right now?

sirsmiley

OK thanks

Thats a start, You can here them with a digital scanner, the encryption is gone?

Im not sure what you mean. Im not in the area at the moment. Are you hearing it analog or do you mean you are hearing it with DSD and its not encrypted? Maybe theyre not using the built in encryption?

sirsmiley

why pay someone else across the province to dispatch for the town? doesn't make any sense to me.are times that tough in Port Hope right now?

OPP dispatch most of southern ontario from London and dont have a clue of any of the businesses in my town, technology makes location more or less irrelevant with proper planning...

I had them in the clear on plain old analog scanner until a few days ago, now on 142.245 all I get is a static noise. no voices at all?

Last edited:

sirsmiley

I highly doubt you'll be able to hear them with anything anymore without a legit Kenwood radio as intended

fxstdse

Port Hope Police

I was getting them with no problem up till a few weeks ago with voice inversion but now they are transmitting data or some other type of encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.