how did you set up your GRE PSR800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
Speficially for SE MI:

I was wondering what the pro's and cons might be for setting up an 800 a couple different ways. when i first started, i just imported the beejezuz out of the MPSCS and other local systems/freqs, and tried to move TGID's around in scan lists. essentially one giant trunked system, with many many sites with TGID's split out.

Now im toying with getting tower sites grouped and TGID's grouped together into a scanlist. Many trunked systems comprised of a couple towers and TGID's associated with that geographical area and system. Each trunked system essentially in one scan list.

so, i guess the question is, from a technical point of view in terms of scanning speed and hearing the most, is it better to segment everything out, or leave it lumped together? what was the general outline you tried to follow?

its almost like there are too many ways to do it, so i wondered for this area, whats a good approach to structuring this receiver.

Last edited:

tilt404

I just imported the whole MPSCS system then went through each TGID and assigned it to a specific scanlist as needed. Took a while to do but works for me ok.

kc8dhx

Premium Subscriber
I used Ez-scan to create a V-folder that contains scan lists of all counties in the state. I enable and disable scan lists based on where I'm located. I went through the EZ-Scan DB and added each county's conventional freq. Then I imported MPSCS and cloned the system for each county and enabled towers that would be used while in the county and added that counties TGIDs. I have also created a few scan lists for other things like Marine freq, MEDCOM, Feds, and CB/FRS. It seems to work well.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
so no real comparisons whether having one large trunked system with TGID's grouped in scan lists versus many duplicated systems with only certain towers associated with a scan list? i'm wondering which works better in terms of the scanners ability to 'scan' everything the quickest.

you can organize things just about any way one likes, i'm wondering if there is a benefit to one method over another.

kc8dhx

Premium Subscriber
Honestly I am running with a single system and all towers enabled and haven't noticed a difference. I do make sure only to include the Control channels on the import and updates since this speeds up the scan since it doesn't need to scan all the voice channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.