BCD396XT Belt Clip Button Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

YUKKURi

Premium Subscriber
Hi there,

I was just wondering, on the back of the Uniden BCD396XT, does the belt clip button fit in standard palm mic hang-up clips? I don't need a permanent in-car scanner install a la the 996XT, as it would only be in the vehicle occasionally.

Thanks!

K8LEA

YUKKURi:

Seems like it'd work....

I tried using a couple of them as belt hangers (the plastic thing broke within hours, but the replacements seem to be solid enough), with poor results, but a mic clip in the car seemed to work adequately.

(I don't consider this a formal test - the clip is mounted for a small mic, and the radio barely fits down there.)

If you can find one (try a CB shop, I guess), for a couple bucks, it's probably worth a try. Why the heck they didn't use a more standard belt clip, I don't know. I've gotten used to the thing, but I still don't trust it. (I wear the thing a good part of the day when not in a chair - I'm too wide to leave it on :D.) Radio Shack has 'em, too, but I'm not sure if they were "in store" or just on the web the last time I looked.

Regards,

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yes, it will fit into a standard mic hanger bracket. Works quite well and they are dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.