State Police New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny6569

Ok can anyone tell them whats going on??? Are the state police using the 800 mhz still or are they using the new 700 mhz system??? And im guessing the talk groups marked with a T we cant hear at all right??? How about the ones marked D ??? can we hear those and what system are we using now??? I wish they would stop changing stuff around!

AC2OY

I hear a lot of traffic STILL on the 800mHz system. I'm honestly not sure if other than testing or maintenance is on the 700mHz system. Danny do you have a PSR-800? What you can do is program in a wildcard so if any new talk groups arise it will find them!

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There is some simulcasting going on from time to time with NJSP talk groups patched to the listed talk groups in the database for the 700 system. Its not a full time patch from what I can tell. I'm hearing normal activity on the 800 system here today.

Talk groups marked with a T are TDMA and you'll need the PSR800 to hear them. Talk groups maked with a D are phase I groups and you can hear those with the other digital scanners.

elias1988

Feed Provider
There is some simulcasting going on from time to time with NJSP talk groups patched to the listed talk groups in the database for the 700 system. Its not a full time patch from what I can tell.

Yes,Troop C 4 COMM just became active on site 003 after a Criminal Investigation Bureau portable affiliated on 700 MHz.

W2SJW

Database Admin
No, the 800 system is slated to be converted to a Phase-I P25 system. I no longer have any idea what the time frame is supposed to be, as it USED to be right after the main deployment of the 700 system.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
The 800 and 700 system are the same core in the back end, as someone else in this forum suggested, the 800 system RF sites are tied to the P25 equipped core via SmartX converters. There are tons of Type II smartzone equipments out there so parts availability is not a problem and I don't see them any rush in migrating everything to 700.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Eventually both systems will be completely tied together, with 100% roaming functionality across the entire state for ALL agencies that are part of the 700/800 migration; this includes the countywide systems such as Camden's new Phase-II system as well as the upcoming Burlington County, Ocean County, Salem County, etc. systems. Everyone will be able to roam everywhere, with the counties still retaining their own networks. Revolutionary for New Jersey I'd say... We'll see how it actually shakes out in the end; New Jersey politics; you never know what to expect!

SCPD

QRT
But you have to ask why would a Ocean county officer or fire department radio need to be on a Salem County unless Armageddon is coming.
Then we are gonna have some mess.

CaptDan

A simple answer would be officer going from Ocean County to another county to pick up a person who had been arrested on a warrant from Ocean County

Eventually both systems will be completely tied together, with 100% roaming functionality across the entire state for ALL agencies that are part of the 700/800 migration; this includes the countywide systems such as Camden's new Phase-II system as well as the upcoming Burlington County, Ocean County, Salem County, etc. systems. Everyone will be able to roam everywhere, with the counties still retaining their own networks. Revolutionary for New Jersey I'd say... We'll see how it actually shakes out in the end; New Jersey politics; you never know what to expect!

I don't want to go to far off topic, but while roaming is nice, I can't see this enabled for all talkgroups? I could see a tower easily getting overloaded trying to handle all the roaming traffic. Although maybe if its a non-simulcasted system it wouldn't be as bad?

For Ocean County, what users/departments are going to be on the new system?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

elias1988

Feed Provider
I'm not sure about the VHF squads,it would make sense to move them to 700 MHz though. Once a control channel goes live we should have a better idea on how the system will operate.

Last edited:

Danny6569

state police

I really wish they would just stay with one system and make up their minds! Its so annoying to keep reprogramming my scanner! Why would they need a whole new 700 mhz system anyway??? What's the deal with the state and all these counties that keep changing everything? Is it mainly because of the t.v. channels interference or what? And if you ask me the state and most of are counties have way too many talk group on their systems! Half of them they never use! So whats the point in having so many? I've had them all programmed for years and besides the basic dispatch channels and a couple others being used, I've never ever heard the other like 100 talk groups ever been used yet! Its so stupid why the state and counties have so many that they'll never use!

dwrinn

Premium Subscriber
simulate 800 and 700 system

I see that that there are some state police talk groups on the 700 system that coorelate with the 800 state police talk groups that are simulcasted, does that mean you could hear everything that is on the 800 system on the 700 system and if not what does simulcast mean?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
But you have to ask why would a Ocean county officer or fire department radio need to be on a Salem County unless Armageddon is coming.
Then we are gonna have some mess.

Gee, let's look at the most recent event, Hurricane Sandy! Personnel from all over the place came to assist throughout the state of New Jersey. There's one example of why an officer would need to be in a completely different area of the state, and now he's got his own equipment (i.e. faster, more streamline deployment); hell, following hurricane Sandy, we sent Michigan State Troopers, Livingston County EMS, and other Michigan based resources to Ocean County to assist, oh and by the way, we're 700/800 too and we were able to inter-act immediately via 7TAC and 8TAC channels as well as a few key talkgroups on the state systems. It's a great plan, so long as politics don't get in the way as usual...

Status
Not open for further replies.