Unitrunker is not saving changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomBold

I am using Unitrunker version 1.0.26.16. Whenever I manually change a color/label, it stays changed for the duration of the session. If I close the program and open it again, the former color/label is shown.When I close the program, the box saying data has been saved appears. Is there something I am missing?

tyytor

hi i also run that version and have had no problems with it,
might be that you have a degraded signal?
also you might check to see if all of the boxes are check marked.
i use mine on a 9600 baud MOT P25 trunking sytem,

my i ask what you are decodeing?
and how good is your decode of the signal?

TomBold

I am decoding Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Missouri - Scanner Frequencies. The decode rate according to the Call History Bar graph is +/- 1 with reference to the dividing line between the Home icon and the Folder icon.

The problem I am experiencing is as follows: I open Systems/Groups. Next a group is chosen and the ID is clicked which opens the specific data(?) box. Color is selected and the drop-down box opened. The color is changed and I hit OK. This closes the box and the System/Groups window shows the change. I do not see any SAVE button on the toolbar.

Now I close the System window and the Group window by clicking the X button. Finally I exit Unitrunker and get the Please Confirm box, which says all data has been saved.

I then reopen Unitrunker. The Site window with the Call History immediately (<5 secs.) starts decoding. Next I reopen Systems/Groups and the group which had the color changed is back to where it was before the change. If I had left the program open, any loggings after the change would have reflected the change.

Somehow, the data is not being recognized when the program opens.

Background: I changed from a single HD to dual HDs. Unitrunker is installed on the (D) drive. Thought this might be the problem, so used Revo Uninstaller to remove the program and did a new install. When it asked where to install, I changed the C: to D:. This did not change anything.

Tom

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I would first suggest installing the latest release 1.0.27.5 and see if that clears up the issue.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No, you can reinstall over the current version. It will preserve your data that way. I should've mentioned that the latest version is located in the Preview folder.

Index of /download/preview

TomBold

I have tried installing 1.0.27.5 and got the message - No working folder access. Invalid installation or shortcut. Program will exit.
Is it possible to go back to 1.0.25.12? Would I just remove the application from the Unitrunker folder and leave everything else alone?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It sounds like the issue is that you have the program files on one drive, and the user data on the other drive. You should try to get them back together on the same drive if possible.

TomBold

Thank you for your help. That was the problem. It is now saving the data after it has been changed and when the program is reopened, the new data is displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.