AAA North Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

If you are trying to listen to the AAA road services, I think you are out of luck. AAA Central calls cooperating private garages, each with their own radio system. Just a thought...

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

If you are trying to listen to the AAA road services, I think you are out of luck. AAA Central calls cooperating private garages, each with their own radio system. Just a thought...

w2xq

Mentor

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all for the response.

AAA North Jersey does have their own response trucks on the road, primarily to service the roadside battery replacement program they offer.

I will try the freqs suggested, but they might be dispatching through cellular.

Dan

de784

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; HTC6435LVW 4G Build/JRO03C) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Any known frequecy for twin towing they take of the parkway in the Bloomfield area

tvboy08721

I remember two years ago, I needed tow from AAA in the Upper Freehold Township area. On the ride back with the tow truck driver back to my home, he had a radio in the truck, turned to a channel named "AAA Lakewood" and for the forty minute ride back, there was constant chatter on that channel. I was always wondering what frequency that would be?

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B511 Safari/9537.53)

tvboy08721 said:
I remember two years ago, I needed tow from AAA in the Upper Freehold Township area. On the ride back with the tow truck driver back to my home, he had a radio in the truck, turned to a channel named "AAA Lakewood" and for the forty minute ride back, there was constant chatter on that channel. I was always wondering what frequency that would be?

It might be this LTR system: http://m.radioreference.com/?sid=4920&f=ctid&fid=1785

Most likely TG 1-20-100 is used,sometimes I hear drivers talking back and forth about different things NOT related to towing/foul mouthed, I think some drivers think people can't monitor their channel.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
i think his droid is skipping,
skipping,
skipping.

Actually, there are other persons who post that have the same problem with using a smartphone. There is a small glitch in the mobile site software that is being looked into.
---
* posted using a PC :D

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
They also have something on Lowband in North Jersey. Dynasty towing towed a vehicle of mine once and I rode along and they had a Kenwood TK-6110 lowband radio and it was on a repeater. Dunno if there is a crossband to the VHF HI stuff or what?

Analogrules

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to let you all know that I recently walked past an official AAA Roadside Battery Repair vehicle parked (the white vehicles with the yellow flashing lights on top) and noticed there was no radio antenna on the vehicle and there was a fairly large computer/monitor mounted on the passenger side that seemed to be where the dispatch info appears on. All electronic set up, no radio whatsoever.

Septa3371CSX1

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to let you all know that I recently walked past an official AAA Roadside Battery Repair vehicle parked (the white vehicles with the yellow flashing lights on top) and noticed there was no radio antenna on the vehicle and there was a fairly large computer/monitor mounted on the passenger side that seemed to be where the dispatch info appears on. All electronic set up, no radio whatsoever.

Use of radio equipment varies from contractor to contractor with AAA. None of AAA's vehicles operated by them have radios - they use MDT's and PTT cell phones for communications. Some of the contractors do use radios - all depends on the contractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.