Yellow Cab MotoTRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
Hi there, I am listening to yellow cab on my Motorola XPR 6300 VHF I have the proper input and output and color code programmed into it, I can hear this dispatcher talking to the units perfectly but I never hear the units reply. This has also been the same since they were analog I was only able to hear the dispatcher and never the units no matter where I was at in Nashville or surrounding areas. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
If they are talking simplex you are probably too far away. If repeater then not sure.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
I doubt they use any kind of microwave to reply on or they could be replying in simplex to dispatch on a different slot of tried slot 2 for voice and only have data on that channel I'm not sure what their doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfhtm350

Maybe the dispatcher sent the data along with the voice and there was no need to respond or they respond with data. What frequency are they on?

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
152.390 CC 7 voice slot 1 possibly data slot 2 I believe its Group 1 as well I don't recall changing groups to any different number I do sometimes hear the dispatcher call units over and over

Last edited:

firemedic2150

Database Admin
From my experience taxi companies use split dispatching channels of some sort so that the cabs only hear the dispatcher, and the cabs can only talk to the dispatcher. This makes sure they cant hear each other so they don't jump calls, or talk to each other over the dispatcher. On LTR systems they will use split ID's, and on the low band ones they run duplex with no repeat, now I would bet on your Trbo they are doing something to split them up.

jfhtm350

If that is the case, which sounds about right, then you will want to try to monitor 157.6500.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQEN266 - YELLOW CAB METRO INC - Frequencies Summary

If that dont work then try one of the other yellow cab frequencies here:
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - KRM704 - YELLOW CAB COMPANY - Frequencies Summary

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - KF9521 - YELLOW CAB CO OF KNOXVILLE INC - Frequencies Summary

Im not sure if DSD will search on its own but you could run a search with your scanner around those frequencies until you hear a trbo noise then try to run it on DSD.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Most Taxi ops on VHF are split pairs. One Dispatch to cabs, one cabs to Dispatch. You will need to be near the cab to catch the replies to Dispatch. With DMR, they can add data such as AVL/Tracking/Mapping, or even a type of MDT device possibly. I have seen this with cabs on TRS, so it is possible.

And yeah, the lic is DMR and narrowband emissions codes.

Last edited by a moderator:

wema628

Yes yellow is on what we call a taxi split. As others have stated its so the cabbies are not able to talk to each other and tie up the radio.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
Alright, ive got dispatched figured out now I just need the frequency that the dispatcher is listening to the cabs on and how are the cabs radios set up exactly??

jfhtm350

Did you try the ones I suggested above in post 7?
Head up to high ground and run a search if your not getting anything on those.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
I ran the input on one and still only heard dispatch maybe I need to drive in downtown a little deeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.