Scanner Installation in 2005 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiowave15

Just thought I'd share a pretty easy install in my '05 Mustang. The scanner is an old Bearcat 950XLT. It doesn't trunk track, but still picks up local communications in my area. I'm in a pretty rural spot so most conversations can still be followed. The car had an opening under the radio that was screaming for a scanner or ham rig to be installed.

This old scanner was gathering dust in the basement so I figured I'd put it in the car.

I usually do YouTube videos of these little projects.

Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9K8m3-GW-0

radiowave15

A Picture...

This shows a pic of the installation.

Dan

Attachments

• bearcatscannerinmustang029.jpg
    bearcatscannerinmustang029.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,642

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
Very nice! Thanks for sharing the video too. Its always interesting to watch the process people go through to achieve a setup.

radiowave15

Thanks, Jay.

The next part of this project will be to design a better and cleaner trim piece around the scanner. I have some ideas and hopefully can find some time this coming weekend to try them out.

Dan

radiowave15

I thought about using the aux-in, but I like to listen to tunes with the scanner on in the background. So a separate scanner speaker was connected.

Dan

bonez01

Hi,

Super setup and a scanner is a must in any vehicle. They should come from the factory lol. Guess not all of are scanner / ham nuts. Great job.

Thanks for sharing.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
That's a good idea!

a scanner is a must in any vehicle. They should come from the factory lol. Guess not all of are scanner / ham nuts.

I remember back in the day when cars had acres of room underneath the dashboards to mount scanners, ham transceivers, or CB radios....some had room for all three.

Today's vehicles have so little room that you need a degree in engineering to figure out how and where to squeeze a handheld in.

Geez, I miss those old days!

Russell :(

radiowave15

Thanks - and yes, I agree, a scanner in the car is a nice thing - they should come with them (or at least a place for them to be installed)

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.