King william / hanover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

For all of our king william county scanner folks we should get a fund raiser up to put a repeter inthe county I work for hanover and yes the radios do pick up down here with some dead spots , but hanover when we put in our new system we put in 18 towers we need a repeter a the high school and one in west point then our scanners would work like in hanover it a shame I pay taxes in king william and can not even hear unless I put u beam or hit the right spot with my pro 106 it the worst system I have ever seen if you live in let say west river rd you dont hear nothing note I am not a police man I work for the county we are all on the same system I think we need to start a fund raiser for king william taxes are so high and they can not aford a repeteror the county thats sad ¡!!

W4UVV

Ask a tech for us

For all of our king william county scanner folks we should get a fund raiser up to put a repeter inthe county I work for hanover and yes the radios do pick up down here with some dead spots , but hanover when we put in our new system we put in 18 towers we need a repeter a the high school and one in west point then our scanners would work like in hanover it a shame I pay taxes in king william and can not even hear unless I put u beam or hit the right spot with my pro 106 it the worst system I have ever seen if you live in let say west river rd you dont hear nothing note I am not a police man I work for the county we are all on the same system I think we need to start a fund raiser for king william taxes are so high and they can not aford a repeteror the county thats sad ¡!!

Since you are a county employee and not a stranger how about asking the radio techs who maintain the Hanover Co. trs to explain why signal reception is so poor for scanner monitoring in so many locations within Hanover Co. and King William Co. Specifically ask if the trs repeater(s) are functioning at fully licensed ERP with directional antennas. If at a lower power input what is it? I'm sure other monitors would like to know why. Tnx.

John

W4UVV

Herodog

Ok I did some asking around today and take in mind the people I ask is not the lead tect for the radio system but what I heard just here say!! When hanover put in there p25 radio system they put 18 towers and phased thhe antenna system cover the county as 1 huge micro wave so they could have coverage in building s basements ect by puting up 18 towers at full power during test there system it was to much overload and cause a lot of multi path causing the radios not to recive clearly . After that the the radio tects lowerd the power of the repeters so the system would work. Take this mind only hear say they claim the tects turn down the reperts down to 40 watss like I say this is rumor and here say . I did not hear this from the higher ups. If I find out any thing else ot I will post thanks hope this helped I did read in the tide water revew that king william will puting up a repeter on the old state police tower at the area 3 state police office on rt 30 just before you go in to wesrpoint it could help some of the county with better service

W4UVV

Thanks for checking

Ok I did some asking around today and take in mind the people I ask is not the lead tect for the radio system but what I heard just here say!! When hanover put in there p25 radio system they put 18 towers and phased thhe antenna system cover the county as 1 huge micro wave so they could have coverage in building s basements ect by puting up 18 towers at full power during test there system it was to much overload and cause a lot of multi path causing the radios not to recive clearly . After that the the radio tects lowerd the power of the repeters so the system would work. Take this mind only hear say they claim the tects turn down the reperts down to 40 watss like I say this is rumor and here say . I did not hear this from the higher ups. If I find out any thing else ot I will post thanks hope this helped I did read in the tide water revew that king william will puting up a repeter on the old state police tower at the area 3 state police office on rt 30 just before you go in to wesrpoint it could help some of the county with better service

That makes sense. The circumstantial evidence is strong. I am satisfied that my conclusion of Hanover Co. operating their trs at reduced power levels was the main reason scanner reception range was so limited and spotty was correct.

John

W4UVV

CPerk

I have tried everything to pick up Hanover TRS and I have failed! what am i doing wrong , the signal hits my scanner and can't even understand what they are saying and yes I heard that the tower on 30 would help but I still cannot hear that trs I really want to listen to KW with my pro 106 scanner but nothing will come in clear, so the cloest tower that King William is using is in Hanover if i am correct but we do need something out here to help the TRS system to provide out here . but question is when are they going to do that and weren't they supposed to put a tower out here to provide a better signal.

Herodog

You are not doing anything wrong I work for hanover and we are haveing problem also y but I will.tell you my wotk radio will.pick up. Iwas I warsaw and essex I could talk back.to hanover my job fine with no problem scanner dont pick up like the radios do I can give you more freq that would pic up better if you are useing 800 mhz on you scanner 4 more that will help but not great but better hanover has a good system but not the best if you in hanover its ok but I tell you what king andqueen is better

W4UVV

help

I have tried everything to pick up Hanover TRS and I have failed! what am i doing wrong , the signal hits my scanner and can't even understand what they are saying and yes I heard that the tower on 30 would help but I still cannot hear that trs I really want to listen to KW with my pro 106 scanner but nothing will come in clear, so the cloest tower that King William is using is in Hanover if i am correct but we do need something out here to help the TRS system to provide out here . but question is when are they going to do that and weren't they supposed to put a tower out here to provide a better signal.

CPerk, PM me.

John

W4UVV

Herodog

King william county police

Is there any body out there wiling to live stream king william police thats close to a tower if it is I mite bewilling to supply the scanner just asking if some one didthat than us in king william that can not hear could listen on our smartphone or pc just asking if some one in hanover would do that we would be so greatfull we dont need fire thats still fm thank!!!!!

W4UVV

What scanner model?

Is there any body out there wiling to live stream king william police thats close to a tower if it is I mite bewilling to supply the scanner just asking if some one didthat than us in king william that can not hear could listen on our smartphone or pc just asking if some one in hanover would do that we would be so greatfull we dont need fire thats still fm thank!!!!!

What scanner model are you using?

John

W4UVV

Herodog

King william/ hanover

I am useing the radio shack pro 106 I am just thinking would a bear cat maby do a better job my pro 106 was picking up great since last jan for hanover I had a outside yagi or beam it was doing fine I could hear clear as a bell when king william went on hanovers system it done great also to the last few weeks I was geting 99% decode rate now less than 40% I do no they was having trouble with the old church. Tower I thought something might be wrong with the scanner so I packed it up sent it back to radioshack it still some waranty left so I sent it back to checkit out should be getting it back soon its been a couple of days so I can do is hope for the best if it dont pick up hanover and.king william when I get it back than it is for sale I paid.429.00 for it I will.sell it for 220 if it dont work just got a email from radio shack the antenna jac is bad and need a firm ware upgrade hope that what is was they say I should get it back in a week two thanks!!!!!

W4UVV

Thanks for the info

I am useing the radio shack pro 106 I am just thinking would a bear cat maby do a better job my pro 106 was picking up great since last jan for hanover I had a outside yagi or beam it was doing fine I could hear clear as a bell when king william went on hanovers system it done great also to the last few weeks I was geting 99% decode rate now less than 40% I do no they was having trouble with the old church. Tower I thought something might be wrong with the scanner so I packed it up sent it back to radioshack it still some waranty left so I sent it back to checkit out should be getting it back soon its been a couple of days so I can do is hope for the best if it dont pick up hanover and.king william when I get it back than it is for sale I paid.429.00 for it I will.sell it for 220 if it dont work just got a email from radio shack the antenna jac is bad and need a firm ware upgrade hope that what is was they say I should get it back in a week two thanks!!!!!

Herodog, PM me.

John

W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.