BC75XLT: Programming BC 75XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertMike

My hobby is Railfanning and I live in Orange County,CA. I would like to program local Railroad frequencies (10 or less) and block all other frequencies. I have read the manual with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

captclint

Mentor
My hobby is Railfanning and I live in Orange County,CA. I would like to program local Railroad frequencies (10 or less)
Welcome to RR
Page 38 of your manual has the steps.
To store frequencies in the first available channel:
1. Press Hold
2. Enter the frequency (I.E. 160.6500) and press Hold and Func + Pgm
3. Press E
4. press scan or repeat steps 1-3 for the next frequency until you have all 10 entered.

That is the simplest way, but if you need to enter PD/FD, then some organization might be helpful. You talk about blocking all other. If there are others that you don't want, you can lock them out. See page 44

Last edited:

waltergdog

locking out channels

My hobby is Railfanning and I live in Orange County,CA. I would like to program local Railroad frequencies (10 or less) and block all other frequencies. I have read the manual with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Mike , look on pg 9 of manual, i understand that you have to lock them out one at a time. I can't seem to program my channels in, do you have a simple means to programmings?

DesertMike

Capt. Clint,

I entered six frequencies for SoCal area which worked fine per your instructions. The problem now is it will not scan.
Any suggestions?

Again thanks for help,

Mike

captclint

Mentor
Capt. Clint,

I entered six frequencies for SoCal area which worked fine per your instructions. The problem now is it will not scan.
Best guess is you accidentally locked out the bank you put them in. See page 19. Assuming you put them all in bank 1, just hit number 1 while scanning to unlock that bank. If that does not work try turning the scanner off/on in case you have some temporarily locked out.

waltergdog

scanner not searching

Capt. Clint,

Any suggestions?

Again thanks for help,

Mike
func search and make sure that you are searching the bank that you programed ie pol, fire etc

N8IAA

Uniden has its own free programming software. Your radio came with the USB cable that is used for charging batteries in the scanner, not recommended, and for programming the radio. Go to the wiki here on RR and click on Uniden scanners and on your model. There is a link that takes you right to the software download page.
Makes it easy to program what you want in the banks.
HTH,
Larry

jbrady5979

BC75XLT software for mac

I have a mac book. is there any software to download tat i could get so my bearcat. all the pages are windows and not mac friendly and don't work?

KF6DGN

Premium Subscriber
I have another programming question. I'm using the ARC75 software. I download data from RadioReference to the BC75. When I disconnect and review the upload on the radio the new data is there but there is also older data from a previous upload or programming. For example if I only upload date to Bank 1 channels 1-10 and there was old date in 11-30 it's still there. I understand I could manually delete the data but I would prefer the software to do that.

Hopefully I explained this clearly. Any idea??

David
KF6DGN

captclint

Mentor
I have another programming question. I'm using the ARC75 software. I download data from RadioReference to the BC75. When I disconnect and review the upload on the radio the new data is there but there is also older data from a previous upload or programming.
I believe all you need to do is check the "overwight systems with the same name on the upload screen. I have XTPro, so it might not say systems...it might say banks, but you should get the idea. Or you could check the delete all systems(or Banks) 1st, which ever works for you. Upload again and it should wipe out the unwanted channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.