NYS OMH Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don57

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the NYS OMH Police on Long Island changed the frequency they transmit on ? I have not heard anything on the old freq (155.070 and there one other that I forget) in a couple of years. The other day I saw an OMH officer talking on his radio which reminded me of this . I remember it being pretty active especially during the summer months .

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Yeah but I never heard of them when I lived down there.

k2hz

Database Admin
I see that those repeaters are licensed for DMR. I wonder if the encrypted TRBO they now use at Rochester Psych Center is the new statewide standard. Rochester has at least 3 encrypted talk groups on 453.325 that replaced 3 VHF and UHF frequencies formerly used by the Police and facility staff.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
D

DaveNF2G

Uh, no...not correct at all.

New York State Office of Mental Health

The Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities (OMRDD) was renamed Office for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) a few years ago.

I guess the information we received from the Legislature is incorrect, then.

EDIT: I re-checked the various websites for myself. A sticky note that was placed into a session law book at work was evidently very wrong. It said that OMH->OMRDD->OPWDD, but as noted above, OMH still exists and is not part of what used to be OMRDD at all. Sorry for my confusion.

Last edited:

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I guess the information we received from the Legislature is incorrect, then.

EDIT: I re-checked the various websites for myself. A sticky note that was placed into a session law book at work was evidently very wrong. It said that OMH->OMRDD->OPWDD, but as noted above, OMH still exists and is not part of what used to be OMRDD at all. Sorry for my confusion.

The Police cars still say OMH on the emblem on the doors

BigDogg795

Sorry for the necrothread, but I'd rather bump this than post new...but did we ever get any confirmation on what the correct frequencies are? I looked in the database and didn't see anything...I was looking mostly for Pilgrim State...

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Here is a post that was made on my site back in 2012, so I'm digging a bit further back than the first post in this thread. I never verified any of the information in the replies, but here you go. If you want to read the full thread: http://www.w2lie.net/apps/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?10411

If you just want the meat an potatoes without clicking out of RR:

Field office and facility location for LI both point to

Pilgrim PC, Building 45-3
998 Crooked Hill Road
West Brentwood, NY 11717-1087

Then there's just a facility here
SAGAMORE CHILDREN'S PSYCHIATRIC CENTER
197 Half Hollow Road
Dix Hills, NY 11746

Here is whats listed for Pilgrim. Freq and call sign. I ran them thru the fcc and only one is expired. Try those freqs and see if they help..

155.0700 KRO257 BUILDING 18 Pilgrim Psychiatric Center Active
460.3000 WPZP495 998 CROOKED HILL ROAD PILGRIM PSYCHIATRIC CENTER Active
464.5750 KNBC354 BLDG 36 PILGRIM PSYCHIATRIC CENTER Pilgrim Psychiatric Center Expired
461.2000 WPKU299 BLDG 23 PILGRIM STATE HOSPITAL PILGRIM PSYCHIATRIC CENTER Active
464.1250 WPJH932 BUILDING 36 PILGRIM PSYCHIATRIC CENTER Active
462.7500 WQBI309 197 HALF HOLLOW RD DIX HILLS SAGAMORE PSYCHIATRIC CENTER Active

Don57

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the necrothread, but I'd rather bump this than post new...but did we ever get any confirmation on what the correct frequencies are? I looked in the database and didn't see anything...I was looking mostly for Pilgrim State...

The frequency the OMH PD are using at Pilgrim is encrypted . I forget which frequency it was , I deleted it from my scanner . A few days a week I drive my son to college , which is on part of the property that use to belong to Pilgrim . I would take my scanner with me when I drove him there to see if I could pick up anything . On 2 or 3 occasions I would see a OMH cop on the radio and it was encrypted . I don't know why they would be encrypted and other departments are not (NYSPD , NYS Parks PD , NYSDOT etc).

D

DaveNF2G

Probably advised by some agency nitwit, errr, I mean attorney, that it was required by HIPAA.

lafd55

OMH Police has nothing to do with HIPAA as it's just a policing agency. And they can do anything they want with their system as it's their system. They are not the only state agency with encrypted channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.