Any info on when Whistler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4yzn

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any idea when they plan to introduce there new scanners?

garys

Premium Subscriber
First quarter 2014 .....................its been posted on this forum about 100 times

At least. And they are going to produce their version of the PSR 800, since that's usually the next question. And maybe even produce the PSR900 that GRE showed back before they went belly up.

I wonder when the management here will make a new "Whistler" sub forum?

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
What wait? We can have a new forum in which to speculate! :D

Speculation is always fun. Over in the Uniden forum, ever since UPMan posted that a product announcement was happening on November 16, it's been nonstop speculation as to what bells, whistles and what-not the new scanners will have. It's been quite entertaining.

Although I won't be buying any new Uniden scanners when they hit the market next year, I'm sure I'll read up on all the new features. It'll be the same way if/when Whistler announces / markets new models.

:)

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'll be buying something next year, which is why I'm so interested in the product announcements. I'm going to need something with Phase II capability and I'd like to see what, if any, other digital modes are in the radios.

I might be buying one or maybe two new scanners and selling some off. As such, I want to think carefully about where I'm going to spend my money.

Still, I'm not letting it consume my entire life! :lol:

Speculation is always fun. Over in the Uniden forum, ever since UPMan posted that a product announcement was happening on November 16, it's been nonstop speculation as to what bells, whistles and what-not the new scanners will have. It's been quite entertaining.

Although I won't be buying any new Uniden scanners when they hit the market next year, I'm sure I'll read up on all the new features. It'll be the same way if/when Whistler announces / markets new models.

:)

dgmaley

Whistler Scanner

Speculation is fun.
Wonder if this forum's management might just retask this area as Whistler/GRE?

Wonder is Whistler might make updates available for their PSR-800/900 as well as GRE's?

Wonder if Whistler might make available additional digital modes (such as D-Star)?

Whistler does make updates available for some of their radar detectors if the customer buys an annual update subscription. The first year comes with the detector purchase.

This is update Tuesday and Microsoft just finished doing 17 updates and my computer needs to be reboot.

Dave..

ion_op

Don't we want more that Phase II capability such as the other digital formats that are not proprietary?

Mike

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
Well if they hope to compete with the new Uniden units they might want to get the lead out and make some announcements or leaks other than what Lindsay has already posted about with the model numbers and what they'll be replacing. The new Uniden will be out in January so Whistler should release sometime around then, too, or at least throw a bone to give us something to look forward to.

petrol88

All Whistler is going to have is the 5 year old GRE designs. Nothing to compete w/Uniden for at least 2 years.

troymail

Silent Key
Well if they hope to compete with the new Uniden units they might want to get the lead out and make some announcements or leaks other than what Lindsay has already posted about with the model numbers and what they'll be replacing. The new Uniden will be out in January so Whistler should release sometime around then, too, or at least throw a bone to give us something to look forward to.

Personally, I just happy Whistler is getting some competition back in the game. It was only a few short months ago that we thought they (GRE) were gone never to be seen again. I'm thrilled they are back!

Look how long Uniden was probably working on but silent about releasing new products ... until just 16 hours ago.... and then we learn it's mostly just catching up to where GRE left off.

These things don't happen over night and you don't want promises made that never materialize. Even if they did announce something, then you'd be unhappy waiting for it to be released.

So give Whistler some time to get up and running.... I am absolutely certain it will be worth the wait.

KE4RWS

Whistler scanners

I'm just thrilled somebody picked up the GRE line. Now it's just a waiting game to see what direction they'll be going with it but it's good to see the former PSR-800 *might* be back again in some form :D

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
All Whistler is going to have is the 5 year old GRE designs. Nothing to compete w/Uniden for at least 2 years.

Can you link to a source for that info, or are you just guessing?

KE5TLF

Don't think there is any "official" mention anywhere about a timeline for truly NEW product offerings but 1-2 years seems likely. Developing NEW products takes time.

As it is now all we "know" is the first product offerings will be nothing more than rehashed/rebadged models GRE developed years ago.

It stands to reason the next product offering will be rehashed EZSCAN models.

Then after that MAYBE something new if all of the above goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.