Governor's Island Ferry Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ion_op

Hi,

What frequency are the people using at the Governor's Island Ferry Terminal next to the Staten Island ferry?

I did a search and came up with Harbor Ferry Services, 153.125 and 158.43. Are these correct?

Tnx,

Mike

k2hz

Database Admin
I believe that the ferry is operated by NY Waterway and they have a Marine Costal license WQZ434 with working frequencies 156.450 and 156.475.

If you are asking about operations of the terminal building (Battery Maritime Building) I think it is operated by the City of New York and I have no idea what agencies or frequencies may be involved.

k2hz

Database Admin
Sorry 467.85 82.5 SI Terminal
467.875 82.5 Manhattan Terminal

That sounds like the frequencies for the Staten Island Ferry St George Ferry Terminal and Whitehall Terminal.
Those are the docking frequencies for the crew HTs.

He is looking for the adjacent Battery Maritime Building terminal in Manhattan for the Governors Island ferry service.

k2hz

Database Admin
NY Waterways operates ferry service from midtown Manhattan and Brooklyn to the Island. However, ferry service from "South Ferry" is operated by either the City or State DOT, or US Parks Dept.

My understanding is that the seasonal Governors Island service from the Battery Maritime Building is also operated by NY Waterway under the sponsorship of the NYC Trust for Governors Island.

Assuming that NY Waterway runs the boats, I don't know who actually manages the terminal operations but the facility is owned by NYC.

k2hz

Database Admin
I don't know about NY Waterway, but many ferry and tour boat operators, along with the big ships, use the UHF "on board" crew HT frequencies in the 457 and 467 MHz band as mentioned for the Staten Island Ferry.

You won't find specific frequencies in the FCC database. The Ship Station License grants authority to use any of the available frequencies.

A list is available on the n2nov website: NYC MARITIME RESOURCES

The Governors Island service is seasonal so there probably won't be anything to monitor until May.

The Trust for Governors Island - Visit the Island

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.