West Kootenay RCMP now encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Today it looks like the RCMP have now switched over to digital P25 Encrypted in the West Kootenay area of South Eastern BC. Noticed these 4 frequencies are now digital only.

139.350 Trail / Rossland (Red Mountain)
139.320 Ymir / Salmo
139.620 ?
139.365 Fruitvale ???

No more scanning. We knew it was coming.

SCPD

QRT
RCMP Encrypted

Not quite sure as I don't pick up Nelson well from my location. I previously received them on N channel. I think that was Mt. Nelson (Elephant Mtn), but have heard no traffic lately, analog or digital.

HDMechanic

Im thinking they have gone digital as well. Have been listing to Nelson online scanner on and off today and never heard them at all.

SCPD

QRT
RCMP Encrypted

HDMechanic, what's the Nelson scanner link? I will monitor too if possible.

SCPD

QRT
I couldn't find the link to the audio directly from the ScanBC site, but I listened and didn't hear anything as well. Therefore I couldn't find any description of what the feed is suppose to consist of.

Nelson has its own local police force. As such, they do their own thing. Recently they have implemented their own system for the NCP (Nelson City Police) and their municipal fire department. They now operate Mototrbo. Funny that as these entities upgrade to digital, it seems like interoperability is not considered and many people just think digital is digital (all one flavour). From what I can tell, there is also no encryption being used.

It almost seems like this feed may be feeding nothing at all. NCP has retained their old analog frequency for their new Mototrbo system and I believe the Fire Department now shares the same system to some extent. If the feed was still working, we should at least hear data bursts every so often. If the feed was forwarding RCMP though, they may have relinquished the previous local analog frequency. Ambulance has not changed as far as I know. Therefore I suspect the feed is just feeding dead air.

HDMechanic

I was thinking the same thing. I lived in Nelson when I was younger and enjoyed the feed. I am a member of scanbc and I will post on the forum that the Nelson link is just feeding dead air. Maybe the provider hasn't checked on his feed lately and one of the monitorers of the site may have a contact to the feed provider to get it checked. PM sent to you as well

dwc

Database Admin
From what I have heard both Nelson PD and Fire went digital some time ago. Not sure of the exact digital mode though. Fire pagers are still analog.

The Nelson ScanBC scanner is operational but it's just on the quiet/slow side. I believe you will only hear BCAS, fire pagers and Nelson rural RCMP (if still analog) on that one.

HDMechanic

DWC
I have been listening to it alot latly and havent even heard BCAS wich is always busy their due to the fact that castlgar salmo and I belive trail all share the same RPTR or frequncies. The first few timesI listened to it their was lots of action with BCAS eand ect and now nothing.

grem467

Those scanners decode clear p-25. There are no consumer scanners that can decrypt encrypted calls. Even if you bought a radio with des or aes encryption, you will not be able to get the required key (unless the person who created the key was not very creative)

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Maybe D_Hets has found a way to decrypt encryption. I'm sure all scanner users and scanner manufactures would be on his door step 24 hours a day waiting to find out how.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Delete.

Last edited:

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Or maybe someone found out the RCMP in B.C. are using the example encryption key found in the key loader instruction Manual:)

Kayn you have shown a great deal of restraint in dealing with trollers.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Or maybe someone found out the RCMP in B.C. are using the example encryption key found in the key loader instruction Manual:)

Kayn you have shown a great deal of restraint in dealing with trollers.

Lol. I try hard every day...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.