Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
I heard that Salem is preparing to go out for bond measure to voters next year for a new Public Safety Bldg next to city hall. It's unknown if they are adding a monies for a new radio system or not. SPD has been wanting to upgrade their UHF (2 channels on repeater and 3 simplex.) for a long time. Their goal is to replace the UHF System PD is on, AND the TRS 800 that Fire is on. No speculation as to if they were going to have a 700 stand alone system (the most expensive), piggy back off the 700 system from Portland Metro, or... Linn/ Benton / Lane County 700 system.

When you look at what Medford, Eugene, Portland Metro or Corvallis is doing radio wise, Salem is WAY behind. Just my 2 cents!

tmundal

I heard rumors of a 700mhz digital system. I know someone that was working on the OSP project with Harris, that said city of salem was next...but who knows. I don't think they'll pass a bond... people don't want to pay for anything right now..

dkf435

Just heard the other day Woodburn is going to do a new system but is will not be good for us the way they are going and the reason why they do not like hearing here......guess the truth hurts.

David Kb7uns

Status
Not open for further replies.