Pima County - PCWIN update Dec 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPSan

The current status of the Pima County known as PCWIN, WAS supposed to be up and testing here in December, well then it was re set for mid Jan 2014 and now target date is April 2014.
Issues with the computer system. Issues with the battery life on the HT's and a myriad of other things are what is causing delays.
Some preliminary complaints by the Tucson PD is the way the system handles high traffic, especially in a high risk incident.
Also concerns by Tucson Fire Dept of reliable coverage for there operations.That's the reason why Northwest Fire Protection District is staying with there tried and true system.
Stay tuned.

kd7eir

Sounds like a typical roll out... Over-promise, under-deliver. It's ONLY taxpayer money, after all...

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the update. They can take their time. I'm in no rush to have to buy a new scanner.

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
Any new word on a scanner besides the PSR-800 that will work with the new Pima Co. system? Rather have a mobile/base scanner vs. a handheld.

kd7eir

Any new word on a scanner besides the PSR-800 that will work with the new Pima Co. system? Rather have a mobile/base scanner vs. a handheld.

Uniden BCD536HP mobile/base and BCD436HP handheld. I have the BCD436HP, and I am getting great reception on the few test transmissions so far.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

And Whistler, who bought the rights to the GRE line, should be reintroducing their version of the 800 in the next month or two. Supposedly new models of scanners will be announced at a later date, although there is no time frame for them.

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
Uniden BCD536HP mobile/base and BCD436HP handheld. I have the BCD436HP, and I am getting great reception on the few test transmissions so far.

Thanks. That's great news, since I already had my eye on the Uniden BCD536HP.

kd7eir

Thanks. That's great news, since I already had my eye on the Uniden BCD536HP.

You will be very happy with it. Let me know if you get it and I'll send you my favorites list for PCWIN with all the identified talkgroups in it.

cookmaster

PCWIN

Good afternoon Jim,can you send me those favorite lists too,that you have,I just got my BCD436HP Today,and I am getting ready to try and build a favorite list for PCWIN,I am new to Uniden Scanners,Thank you.

kd7eir

Good afternoon Jim,can you send me those favorite lists too,that you have,I just got my BCD436HP Today,and I am getting ready to try and build a favorite list for PCWIN,I am new to Uniden Scanners,Thank you.

I've only got two talkgroups in so far for Pima County Sheriff. I should be getting more by this weekend.

I put it on my webserver for download.

www.kd7eir.com/Tucson.hpe

kd7eir

TGID 11018 - Corona de Tucson Fire Department
TGID 18009 - Pima County Sheriff's Department
TGID 15038 - Possibly the Public Safety Training Academy

kd7eir

TGID 15018 Commo Supervisors discussing problems with the iCAD system, as well as discussing staffing for call takers.

Last edited:

p19997

Premium Subscriber
KD7EIR:

I will be going to Tucson this Friday with my Uniden BCD436HP. Will you be updating your HPE file as you learn more? In other words, should I wait till Thursday to download it for my scanner to make sure I have the latest data?

Thanks

cookmaster

Tucson Scanner Meeting

Hey P19997,we be having a Scanner meeting this Saturday at the Village Inn,at the corner of Speedway& Columbus starting at 6:00,come by if you like too,we be talking about the latest scanners,&radio systems!!!

kd7eir

KD7EIR:

I will be going to Tucson this Friday with my Uniden BCD436HP. Will you be updating your HPE file as you learn more? In other words, should I wait till Thursday to download it for my scanner to make sure I have the latest data?

Thanks

I will always have the latest .HPE file at the link to my website. If I post an update here listing new talkgroups there will be a new version of the .HPE on my website.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
Cookmaster:

Thank you for the invitation but I won't be able to attend. I have set meetings to attend and have to return right away. I'll only be there a few hours. I will do most listening on the road.

Kd7eir:

Thanks for doing this. I'll download what's there on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.