superbowl xlviii

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9cra

This may belong in a different category, but because it's the superbowl, I'm thinking it might be of general interest to anyone simply for curiosity's sake.

The superbowl this year is at Metlife Stadeum, formerly Meadowland Sports Complex, in E. Rutherford, NJ. Their police and fd have freqs listed in the rr database, but I don't know if they are covered by the feed in Rutherford, a close neighbor to the borough in question.

The local pd have a repeater licensed at 501.6125 which, according to the ellagibility portion of it's license, is for security and maintenance at the "sports complex" It also has a fixed location at the complex which leads me to believe this is actually a freq used by the pd at the stadium for law comms. Either that, or the stadeum's management wants to keep their sec/maint freqs hard/impossible to find, so they cuta deal with the local pd to get a license that would be misleading to the casual observer, not likely.

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQOE281 - EAST RUTHERFORD, BOROUGH OF - Frequencies Summary

The stadium is owned by the NJ Sports and Exposition Authority which holds licenses for repeater operations at 477.1375 and 451.9625

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KZA706 - NEW JERSEY SPORTS AND EXPOSITION AUTHORITY

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPSP220 - New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority

There's another license under the previous name of the stadium. There are several repeater freqs.

461.6125, 461.8, 462.1375, 463.3625, 463.8875, 464.2625, 464.4125, 464.7625,

The license includes freqs for mobile/handheld units at 461.8 and 464.2625 which are also repeater outputs. This sounds to me like these channels can be used for simplex operations as well as duplex.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQKR391 - New Meadowlands Stadium

The local pd also use a uhf channel 472.85 with a control unit and base standby at the stadium which leads me to believe it might also be used.

The E. Rutherford pd uses one vhf simplex channel for normal ops, but Rutherford, a neighboring city which seems to be larger, has a uhf p25 system. These channels could be linked to that system which means they could be p25 as well. I have no information about encryption or digital modes for any of the freqs I have posted. Some people mention being able to see a digital mode in the fcc license info, but I can't find anything like that.

Utah_Viper

If I recall from previous large scale sports events the NFL in this case and the feds will bring in a HUGE radio cache for most everyone involved.

You also will have hundreds of different media using various radios

jvdet

The stadium is in East Rutherford, Rutherford is next door, these are small PD's - the stadium holds more people than 5 of the areas towns combined; There is a 220MHZ system in use also at the complex as it is known, The local PD are not primary or very active in or around the stadium - except for traffic issues on local streets if at all- the stadium is an island property in that it is surrounded by highways and a swamp. there is no 'local' streets or houses abuting the property The Stadium has its own security and have contracted with the NJ State Police for security/Patrols in and around the highways on game days as well as on field and in the stands. They also have assistance by the Bergen County Police (which use a trunk system Encrypted) if needed - trying to monitor the game day activities not easy from afar If somebody as a feed for the State Police I would just go with that

radiomanNJ1

No they - local towns dont link, they may have a radio for each other and the next town that borders the stadium - Carlstadt, but as what was mention day to day these towns operate independ of each other. The stadium freq mention was in hopes that a 'Mall Of America" type complex was going to be built and East Rutherford was going to be responsible for calls so they needed coverage - the Mall rusting and 5 years behind even getting started
the State Police bring in Troopers from around the state to handle the football games or other major acts/concerts etc then they go home, part of the property has a race track, and a basketball/ice ring for NBA events ; the Sports Authority security handles inside but for the small events You will see the locals in around the roadways/HIghways; there has been meetings for months between the State/County Local emergency services so it should prove interesting as this plays out - weather will be a factor that will involve the locals - (New City PD will also be there 'advising' they use cell phones)

jvdet

How about moving this to the New Jersey thread?
maybe someone there is setting up a monitoring post for the event, so we can get the actual use down

jvdet

I was referring to the original post to have him move this here;

And that other post about New City PD ,that you might have ment New York City PD will be in attendance; yes they will be as "advisers" - JTTF -
NJ state Police lead agency for the game, but with so many small venues in North Jersey that there wont be much to listen too, each town will have its own unique radio comms if any

K9one

Super Bowl

Hello
Just to let you know I work in the stadium and the NFL has moved in. Numerous things being built both in and outside the stadium.

Just a quick note
1. The full time security and the event security along with the numerous other operations to run a stadium are on the 460 mhz Mototrbo system which is listed in the database.
2. NJSEA uses their own 220 MHZ system. This includes the NJSEA EMS units which work in the building on event days.
3. NJSP which is the primary law enforcement agency and has numerous units (bomb, haz mat, avaition, TEAMS, plain clothes, bicycles and horse back mounted patrol) has their own 800 mhz system and the 700 mhz system both of which a listed in the database. There is a 700 mhz system repeater site on the complex and listed in the database.
4. There are numerous federal agencies involved in the preparation of the Super Bowl and they have already brought in and continue to bring in their own assets.
5. The NFL various companies (S.A.F.E. Management, Populous, Noel Lesley Event services) are all presently carrying Motorola XPR radios unknown frequencies.
6. NJSEA Fire department which is on site during every major event uses the NJSEA 220 MHZ system during the event.
7. The stadium command center can communicate with numerous agencies around with various radios and the computer Mutualink (Mutualink - Redefining Interoperability)
8. There is a incident command center already set up and running for the event.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I do the Rutherford feed, I just popped on to see if RR/Broadcastify would be interested in doing a temporary feed. I have the ability to run a temp feed off an antenna that's over 100 feet up and on top of a hill about 2 miles from the stadium. Although I cant get the Moto systems or the 700 state system. I know the area FD's will have task forces set up and staged off site and they are using the normal FD and County channels. I can get it up and running for the e\week leading in to the event. Your definitely going to hear some action.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I got the OK to provide a Super Bowl XLVIII. Any suggestion on what state 800 TRS talk groups and or any other agencies that may be operating a temporary system would be greatly appreciated. I'll have all the local Bergen County fire and police channels in. I'll be using a Uniden 996XT to provide the feed.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Interop Frequencies

I got the OK to provide a Super Bowl XLVIII. Any suggestion on what state 800 TRS talk groups and or any other agencies that may be operating a temporary system would be greatly appreciated. I'll have all the local Bergen County fire and police channels in. I'll be using a Uniden 996XT to provide the feed.

You might want to check the DB for interop talk groups on NJ STATE PD Trunked and The NJICS 700 MHz Trunked (Some Talk Groups are duplicated on both systems). Also check the interop frequencies under UASI, UTAC,ITAC and VTAC. An extensive communications infrastructure has been built here in North Jersey with UTAC and ITAC (UASI) frequencies. UASI also covers NYC. I am sure some of these frequencies will be used for the event. If you are still an active first responder with you fire dept, you may want to check these documents if they are available to you. NJFOG, NYCFOG & UASITICP. Also there is a very good chance, I using a dirty word here Encryption will be used some of the frequencies. Good luck with the feed though!

Max:cool:

K9one

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; SCH-I545 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.59 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Normally on a regular game day the state police channel B6 for all their communications. They also pop up on the aviation channel when the helicopter is around and they have been around a lot lately.

mrkelso

Super Bowl Freq's ?

Anyone have any suggestions as to what will be good to scan for and listen to for the upcoming Super Bowl 6 miles from my house as the crow flies. ??

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've merged the new Superbowl thread with the existing Superbowl thread.

Let's try and keep everything in one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.