Elgin District 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

scraech

Hi all anyone else getting encrypted on car to car? TGID 9066 District 2 Elgin ISP

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Well you got my attention I will keep an eye on it for the 24 hours and see what pops up. Wouldn't surprise me though seems like more and more encryption is being used everyday.:(

scraech

Have not heard c2c since post I've set an alert tone on scanner so I'll pay closer attention.

cubn

Database Admin
Don't know if this was the case but on my Pro96 I sometimes have the display show one TG but the audio is obviously from another talkgroup (since I recognize the dispatcher and unit numbers). I've seen this when one conversation ends but the radio apparently hangs on that frequency and passes audio from another TG. My 396T doesn't do this so I trust it more in cases like this.

Kanecoradio22

Most D02 transmissions are in the clear. However, if you look at the RR data for D02, you will notice that the DCI may work out of D02 and their activities are encrypted. In that case so would their c-c traffic.

scraech

I have a BCD396T and I got enc showing that day. I'm patently awaiting my new uniden base scanner then I'll be able to report back on phase II on the lake county site.

Status
Not open for further replies.