SE Michigan trunked radio system analysis report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Not sure if this has been posted here before or not, apologies if it has. Came across this very comprehensive report (from 2011) of all the major trunked systems in Southeast Michigan, and their interoperability with each other. Some pretty decent technical reading of the different systems, their strength's and weaknesses and suggestions on how they could be improved.

http://www.dccwf.org/main/pdf/RPT110505LRK_SEMI_UASI_Public_Safety_Gap_Analysis_Final.pdf

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yeah I thought it was an interesting read too. Wasn't expecting 100 pages when I opened it haha

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
SEMI UASI

This entity About the Southeast Michigan Urban Area Security (SEMI UASI) Initiative ordered it.
Who are these guys? Their website is strangely vague and there's no detailed member info.

My guess is that it would be a committee made up of emergency management types from district 2, probably including reps from law enforcement, fire, EMS, DHS, etc. Each MSP district has their own planning committee; this one would just have to be bigger because of the nature of the urban area that comprises D2; and it would logically have sub-committees to address specific areas of concern. They gave it a fancy name, is all.

Looks like they should probably appoint a new webmaster, too. Meeting schedules for 2012 & 2013 really aren't of much use.

Status
Not open for further replies.