NJSP Trunking - Hudson County - BC780xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

t13one12

I was wondering if someone knowledgeable could give me a hand on this topic. I thought I read somewhere that I shouldn't be able to get the system after an upgrade that was made a few years back. I just recently moved to the area and tried throwing the system in tonight. I am getting some clear radio traffic but wasn't sure if I will get all of the conversation. It seems like I'm getting everything on an ID but it's been so long since I've listened to a trinkets system that I can't tell. Any knowledge or tips would be greatly appreciated. Programmed by hand tonight as a test but plan on spending some time in PROscan if I will be able to get it to work. With just numerical IDa for TGs at this point it's difficult to tell if I succeeded.

robbinsj2

I think you're probably referring to changes from rebanding. The 780 cannot be upgraded to properly work on all rebanded Motorola 800 systems -- it is not compatible with some of the frequencies which were made available for retuning systems.

The 780 should work fine on channels whose fourth digit after the decimal is a 5, but it will not work on channels whose fourth digit after the decimal is a 0. In that case it will just skip over that transmission.

Looking at the database, all channels listed for the north simulcast zone are 85x.xxx5 so your 780 should do just fine on it.

Jim

t13one12

Thanks!

Jim - really appreciate the reply. I did some more messing around last night and trying to read up on all the pages in the Wiki. I had learned Trunking way back when for an EDACs system that was in OC NY but the traffic was minimal and boring so I let my knowledge go by the wayside.

I think I'm finally piecing it all together. Trying to educate myself now as I think I may be grabbing a BCD536hp soon. I want to add digital scanning and be prepared for narrowbanding (which 3 days ago I would have absolutely confused with rebanding).

Status
Not open for further replies.