Uniden 396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Hello all I have a friend moving down to Albuquerque in the middle of the month. He has a 396T and wants to listen to the fire department there. Does anyone have suggestions on how to program it so he can listen.I do not have much experience with the kind of system in Albuquerque. Thanks Mark

NMPhillieFan

There are two easy options to hear AFD dispatch. One is to program 460.575 into the scanner. This is a patched frequency to the city's Zetron system. It's annoying as you not only hear the dispatches, but the "chirps" every time a bay door is opened, etc. The second and slightly more time consuming is to program the city EDACS system into the scanner. This method will allow him to hear AFD dispatches and some other random traffic such as animal control and airport maintenance. Since AFD is using Provoice, no traffic will be heard except for the dispatcher. Last I checked, BCFD also used analog for dispatching, but this might have changed.

EDIT: I just confirmed AFD dispatchers are always analog. BCFD dispatches in analog, but the dispatchers are digital after the dispatch.

Hello all I have a friend moving down to Albuquerque in the middle of the month. He has a 396T and wants to listen to the fire department there. Does anyone have suggestions on how to program it so he can listen.I do not have much experience with the kind of system in Albuquerque. Thanks Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.