BCD436HP Protective Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacGnG

So I'm sure some of you haven't taken the plastic of your scanners yet... I left it on for days until I bought "cut to fit" LCD protective screens on amazon. They are on ebay too.

They aren't perfect .... But so far so good..

Measure twice, cut once.

Here's the link on amazon: Amazon.com: Sensei Cut-to-Fit Soft LCD Screen Protector (6 Pack): Camera & Photo

Hope this helps someone overcome their fears of scratching their 436's screen!!! ;) :)

SCPD

QRT
see?

So I'm sure some of you haven't taken the plastic of your scanners yet... I left it on for days until I bought "cut to fit" LCD protective screens on amazon. They are on ebay too.

They aren't perfect .... But so far so good..

Measure twice, cut once.

Here's the link on amazon: Amazon.com: Sensei Cut-to-Fit Soft LCD Screen Protector (6 Pack): Camera & Photo

Hope this helps someone overcome their fears of scratching their 436's screen!!! ;) :)

Lets see your finished product!

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
emy6a5ar.jpg

Here is mine using a screen protector I cut from a general use protector bought at Best Buy.

yaesumofo

I made a template and cut it out of an old iPhone screen protector. no adhesive needed.
It is not as perfect looking but the whole screen is covered and protected.

the screen protectors are available extreemely cheap on amazon.com

Amazon.com: iphone 4 screen protector

some enterprising person could buy a bunch of these protectors and laser cut or precision cut them and give them away to end users... or even sell them off....

The other very simple option is to use scotch brand clear packing tape. this also does the job.
Keep in mind that down the road it is VERY easy and not very expensive to somply replace the case (front) on the radio. when done it looks brand new!!.

Yaesumofo

Status
Not open for further replies.