Aiken Electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber

LarrySC

The Fed mandated that all major power co's move to some form of digital comms that cannot be received with conventional radios or scanners. All upstate utilities have done so except Laurens Elect which is still digital on the PAL800. You may never hear them again.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Larry, as of today anyway, I can receive both SCE&G and Aiken Electric as well as Santee Cooper on my Uniden 996T. I have picked up some encrypted TGs on the Trenton 900 tower recently and that may be the "hole in the dike" of something coming. Don't you just love our government?!

LarrySC

There was a story that hit national news several years ago about protesters climbing the very tall stacks south of Asheville and hunging large signs. The power plant claimed to be very surprised that their radio comms were being monitored by the intruders. Homeland Security jumped on this and mandated changes. It could be they think PAL 800 digial is safe. Duke, Blue Ridge, and others are gone forever.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Do you have a link for this new digital mandate...?

And the MOTOTRBO users can still be heard. I've used DSD have no problem scanning across EnergyUnited, BREMCo, & REMC with my TRBO portables.

Status
Not open for further replies.