Pro-18 Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdchris

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,

Anyone happen to have a link to download a copy if the iscan software for the pro-18? I purchased a pro-18 used and it doesn't have the cd. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could maybe help me out?

Thanks so much!

bdchris

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much! Would you be able to also tell me if the 'usb programming cable' that comes with the pro-18 is a standard usb 'a' to usb 'b' mini cable? Thats what it looks like to me anyway.

Thanks again!

zzdiesel

Thank you so much! Would you be able to also tell me if the 'usb programming cable' that comes with the pro-18 is a standard usb 'a' to usb 'b' mini cable? Thats what it looks like to me anyway.

Thanks again!
It needs the round ferret in the cable to work right. I ran into that issue on the GRE PSR-800

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Premium Subscriber
It needs the round ferret in the cable to work right. I ran into that issue on the GRE PSR-800

You got me curious. What issue(s) did you run into? I use a "regular" cable with my 800 and haven't run into any problems...well, at least not yet.

jyams

I use a regular cable also. I think the round ferret is just ferrite to reduce/eliminate interference. Any Type B miniUSB cable should work. I have several leftover from phones and tablets and they all work fine.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
I also use a regular cable, perhaps his usb has some rfi that requires the ferrite? I have not not seen this issue however every application is a little different.

Rob
K2RJJ

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Does the I-Scan software download the cuurent RR data when it checks for updates or does it use it own database?

Status
Not open for further replies.