new uniden HP in kewaunee county

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I bought a new home patrol set it up for WISCOM Kewaunee county I do hear weather channel but other than that not a dam thing I live across the street from a cop and sometimes hear when he calls on or off duty but that's about it. I have hooked it up to an outdoor antenna and the stock one still diddley squat!! what a pos any ideas? should I send it in for repair? yess the atten is off just a fyi

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I bought a new home patrol set it up for WISCOM Kewaunee county I do hear weather channel but other than that not a dam thing I live across the street from a cop and sometimes hear when he calls on or off duty but that's about it. I have hooked it up to an outdoor antenna and the stock one still diddley squat!! what a pos any ideas? should I send it in for repair? yess the atten is off just a fyi

Have you updated the database since you've received it?

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select

MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

kb8zxe

I have not listened to WISCOM in Kewaunee County much lately. From the Radio Reference database it appears that the "County Enhancement Sites" are not listed for Kewaunee County. I am pretty sure that they are up and running though, such as the one by the fair grounds / EOC in Luxemburg. You should still hear traffic though assuming radios are associated with the Keawwaunee and Kewaunee East towers.

I have been meaning to listen to and document Keawaunee County's WISCOM system but have not gotten around to it. If I get a chance in the next couple days I will do so. I am curious about the enhancement sites. I am also curious as I have a co-worker who is on a fire dept in Kew County who says they are on WISCOM but it isn't working good.

I will report back.

Bob

SCPD

QRT
fxdscon: firmware 2.04 database updated 2-16-14

kb8zxe: Thank You, after thinking about what you said I do live in the Algoma area so Kewaunee, West Kewaunee and Luxemburg towers, I could see having problems with reception from a problemed
system

Interested to hear back with what you come up with

I am not familiar with the new Uniden models. I have a BCD396XT and BCD996XT and these work fine for Wiscom. I have not scanned Wiscom Kewaunee County yet. I live in Appleton. I downloaded the Sentinel software but for some reason can not update it. In the version that I downloaded there is only one Kewaunee talk group listed. Are you Scanning talk groups or are you searching for talk groups? Also, Are you getting a signal strength showing up? I think you need to be scanning the County Enhancement towers but I am not sure if they are up and running.

Have you tried to scan any other counties and see if you can pick them up?

SCPD

QRT
maybelater9181: I created one favorites list in there I have Kewaunee county fire paging 155.715 then WISCOM in there I have Kewaunee county: common - 31011, Fire 1 - 31007, Law 1 - 31001, Paging - 31005 then East central area tactical - 31,32,33,34 then NGO Flight for life- 8001 then Statewide interoperability - 76,1,72,71,73,74,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 then Kewaunee County travel - 31012 then Kewaunee- 139.21250,139.737500,139.812500,151.235000,155.250000 then Kewaunee east- 154.822500,155.070000,155.317500,155.527500,155.737500. I believe I should pick up Kewaunee county If I am mistaken or any one has further input I am open to ideas. I can pick up Door county analog they still use that for law and fire also can get one noaa channel. another question rr database doesn't have Kewaunee county hyw dept. 151.085 and all I can does is enter it manually on the HP but then can't save to favorites so beats me.
The signal meter does show a signal that changes as scanning sometimes full bars sometimes none.

Last edited:

kb8zxe

I have had a chance to listen to the Luxemburg site during the last few days (151.040 control channel). There sure is not much traffic. I heard traffic on 31001 and 31005 talkgroups. Maybe a transmission every hour or so. I was scanning with a PRO-106 with wildcard enabled. The site actually has decent coverage for scanners.

All traffic appears to be a patch as it does not sound quite right and all the radio ID's are zero. Hopefully more traffic will come to WISCOM in Kewaunee county soon.

SCPD

QRT
I have everything working now I believe it was antenna issue. I receive what I need to. Thank you for your suggestions and input.

Status
Not open for further replies.