Bridgewater going to County Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahlio

What I believe you're referring to is know as home rule in NJ. Essentially what that means is local municipalities have the right to provide their own services (i.e. Dispatch/Radio services). Nothing precludes a municipality from contracting to a county or other entity for any other service. Look no further to towns surrounding Bridgewater who have done such a thing (Bedminster, Somerville, Raritan etc.)

Currently they have a TG on the 700mhz site of Somerset County's P25 system which is patched with their current VHF system. There are some native RID's that talk on the TG, and for the most part all transmissions have been TDMA.

W2SJW

Database Admin
They will be on the 700 side for PD. County is going to assume all public safety ops for the township, so I'm unsure if FD & EMS will end up on the 500 side.

Most likely you'll see them APX6000's. I've only seen county users carry 7000's (park rangers were one agency clearly using that model),

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
They will be on the 700 side for PD. County is going to assume all public safety ops for the township, so I'm unsure if FD & EMS will end up on the 500 side.

Most likely you'll see them APX6000's. I've only seen county users carry 7000's (park rangers were one agency clearly using that model),

Initially, all FDs will move to the District 3 conventional repeater (or Fire Region 2 if they have those radios already; might end up getting permanently patched, too). EMS will remain on VHF (whether the patch on the PD channel will be eliminated and the VHF repeater will remain for EMS only OR they actually start using the EMS Ops channel that is currently dormant, that remains to be seen).
Eventually, FD & EMS will migrate to site 4 (i.e. 700MHz) as they procure the funds to purchase APX6000's & 6500's

That's the plan the last I heard; being that it's Bridgewater, it's subject to change at any given moment.

W2SJW

Database Admin
First, there is no need to cross-post the same comment to multiple threads.

Second, that patch between VHF and 700 has been up for months, and will be for a while. County plans the migration of Bridgewater to the TRS to take this entire year...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Update

Bridgewater now getting close to cutover to 700mhz.

However a few departments will operate on the 500 systems such as OEM and a few fire departments as well. Some may be TDMA!

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me why Bridgewater PD (154.115) is received so poorly on their current radios?

Sounds like they are 50 miles away.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Can anyone tell me why Bridgewater PD (154.115) is received so poorly on their current radios?

Sounds like they are 50 miles away.
This has been like this since forever. Bridgewater has all their radios tuned in such a way that they seem to "underdeviate", thus have very low volume. I don't know why, but they are always extraordinarily quiet.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, I thought they were transmiting on the 154.115 to the tower, and coming off the tower on a different frequency. Well, at least it's not me!

Found a new TG that just popped up on the P25 site. 627. Not listed in the database here. Probably some kinda simulcast coming off the other system. Sounds like some inspector/buliding inspector TG. Something to that nature. Road crews?

And 50032 on the Franklin site.

Last edited:

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Bridgewater PD Status of Changeover

Has anyone heard the status of Bridgewater PD going over to the County System?

Status
Not open for further replies.