OHP OKC Supr

Status
Not open for further replies.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Just curious, but since all this weather hit Saturday night, I've been hearing what appears to be snow plow/sand/salt trucks on the OHP OKC Supr channel on OKWIN. Am I correct and why is that?

AnatakInc

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup (41936) is listed as OHP Troop A Supervisors, in the database. However, I have also heard only snow and ice crews using it. Looks like there may be a mistake in the database or Troop A lost a talk group.

peterjmag

No mistake at all. Oklahoma Turnpike Authority is getting OKWIN 800 radios installed and are using them as their primary source of coms so that they can talk to OHP direct if need be. I don't know why they didn't do this years ago. So far the Turner is the only confirmed talk 42192 they have been using. It looks like we can add 41936 for Troop A as well.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
What talkgroup is the super channel?
The Troop A Supervisor channel has OHP OKC Supr listed as the alpha tag in the database.

No mistake at all. Oklahoma Turnpike Authority is getting OKWIN 800 radios installed and are using them as their primary source of coms so that they can talk to OHP direct if need be. I don't know why they didn't do this years ago. So far the Turner is the only confirmed talk 42192 they have been using. It looks like we can add 41936 for Troop A as well.
Thanks, that would explain why I've been hearing snow crew trucks on the Supervisor channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.