Captial Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron315

Mark,

I would not expect that you would hear traffic from the Indiana Capital Police on the Crawfordsville site on a regular basis. Those units typically concentrate in the Downtown Indianapolis area and their traffic would be on the sites that normally service that area; specifically the Government Center North, Dist 52, and perhaps occasionally one of the surrounding county sites only.

W9NES

Mark, Yes you can. I hear them all the time on the Boone County Safe-t tower site. They are on talkgroup 4608. I have two digital scanners here in my communications center. One is programed for ISP Dist 52 Tower and the other is programed for Boone County. Both scanners are picking up talkgroup 4608 on Both ISP 52 and Boone County. Funny what you hear on the Boone County tower site for safe-t.All you have to do is to search for other talkgroups and you will find a lot.

aaron315

Mark, Yes you can. I hear them all the time on the Boone County Safe-t tower site. They are on talkgroup 4608. I have two digital scanners here in my communications center. One is programed for ISP Dist 52 Tower and the other is programed for Boone County. Both scanners are picking up talkgroup 4608 on Both ISP 52 and Boone County. Funny what you hear on the Boone County tower site for safe-t.All you have to do is to search for other talkgroups and you will find a lot.

Last time I checked a map Crawfordsville is in Montgomery County not Boone County. The OP asked specifically if the traffic of a specific agency would appear on the Crawfordsville site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

W9NES

Last Time I checked the Op asked if Capitol Police could be heard. The Point is that your post of that they can be heard occasionally is incorrect. The point is that they can be heard on the Boone, and Hendricks County tower site. I hear Montgomery county units all the time on Boone County. Some talkgroups are transmitted statewide.

aaron315

Last Time I checked the Op asked if Capitol Police could be heard. The Point is that your post of that they can be heard occasionally is incorrect. The point is that they can be heard on the Boone, and Hendricks County tower site. I hear Montgomery county units all the time on Boone County. Some talk groups are transmitted statewide.

You may want to check again, or read a little more closely. Let me help you as I quote from the OP:

\can I pick up Captial Police on Crawfordsville site\

Those talkgroups (Capitol Police) very likely are not able (by means of programming and system management in the zone controllers) to affiliate and extend to a site that far away from their intended area of operation. The remainder of your post is irrelevant in every way to the question at hand.

W9NES

Arron. I did read the OP'S post and understood what was being asked. If the OP will open the bank on his scanner for Montgomery County he will hear talkgroups being repeated. Boone County talkgroups are found on the Montgomery County site. This is called site neighbors.Morgan County talkgroups are being heard on the Hendricks County simulcast site.

aaron315

Thank You for answering a question unasked.

clipart-mouth-foaming-2-256x256-72e8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.