Starcom21 Offical thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello this thread will be used for discussion of the system and its talkgroups. It is also to talk about control channels and unknown talkroups that is in use. And if there are new towers being put up for the system and what control channels they are. Post sighting of new towers in use and talkgroups to this thread.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread stickied.

Please use this thread for discussion of tower sites and talkgroups only.

Do not use this thread as a how to program my scanner or commercial radio thread. If too many off topic posts have to be cleaned up, this thread will be unstickied.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anybody know if this talkgroup will soon be used full time by Galesburg police?
I've only heard it used once in 13' and once in jan, this year, so I think they stick to their city's repeater most of the time. 73, n9zas

Springfield IL PD talkgroups

I used to hear the SPD on the Peoria County tower and I have not heard them in a long time on our tower. Does anybody know what tower they are using?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Reading the list of SC freqys on the database forum for SCom all 800 freqys been rebanded about year and half ago....Hearing on TO:126-Aurora IL TG2851=Flight for Life helos, TG1402=IL IDOT simulcast from UHF-453.1875 -IL IDOT .....

miles16

Feed Provider
TG 4368

I was monitoring the Mattoon site and around 7:45 PM on a Sunday Evening I noticed some talking on TG 4368 with unit IDs of 654508 and 654501. I searched the database and came up nothing. Anyone have an idea who this may be?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
All indications point toward this being Ameren. The Radio ID (RID) list at the Radio Reference STARCOM21 Wiki STARCOM21 Statewide Illinois P25 - The RadioReference Wiki shows that 654xxx RIDs are used by Ameren, and the RR SC21 talkgroup database lists TGs 4176-4360 being used by them as well.

Kevin

I was monitoring the Mattoon site and around 7:45 PM on a Sunday Evening I noticed some talking on TG 4368 with unit IDs of 654508 and 654501. I searched the database and came up nothing. Anyone have an idea who this may be?

N9JIG

Sheriff
I used to hear the SPD on the Peoria County tower and I have not heard them in a long time on our tower. Does anybody know what tower they are using?

The tower used is based on the location of the transmitting and receiving units. If a system radio is tuned to the Springfield talkgroup(s) in the Peoria area then it will go out over the Peoria sites. No Springfield units in the area then won't hear it there. A system radio actually has to be affiliated with a site for that site to hear the traffic.

SPD

The tower used is based on the location of the transmitting and receiving units. If a system radio is tuned to the Springfield talkgroup(s) in the Peoria area then it will go out over the Peoria sites. No Springfield units in the area then won't hear it there. A system radio actually has to be affiliated with a site for that site to hear the traffic.

Does anybody know what tower Springfield police use?

scraech

Today I am getting some encrypted on Illinois Toll Highway Authority Talkgroups "Roadwide 2" # 2007

menkes

Yeah, the PD but Fire is in the clear. It was strange to me, I,m new to this digital stuff. I just have the Fire Dept in one scanlist. When the tones went off for the storm warning I was surprised to see that TG, its not listed in the DB.

scraech

Oh I never checked that I'd 1585 you posted above against the database. Maybe if your sure on who it is submitting it wouldn't be a bad idea.

TG# 30380

Did anybody hear police on this talkgroup today. I dont know who it is. I checked the database and found nothing. Could someone help me fiqure out who this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.