2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee mobile setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohshua

ok so this is my current mobile set up in the Jeep still have a bit more work to do on it. let me know what you guys think

Radios,
Kenwood tk 762G vhf
kenwood tk 860G uhf

I just need to find a good spot to mount the mics and clean the mess of supplies out the truck this was taken right after i got the uhf in.

both radios are hooked up to a single switch for easy on and off

when not in use the arm rest can still close over them to give it a nice stock look

kjfswkr

Don't you hate it when vehicles don't have enough room for radio equipment! Looks good and an excellent use if available space. Did you remove the armrest cover or does it still close?

73'

Kevin

yohshua

Don't you hate it when vehicles don't have enough room for radio equipment! Looks good and an excellent use if available space. Did you remove the armrest cover or does it still close?

73'

Kevin

Thanks :) and Yeah I know what you mean I wish it had more space for everything.
Also the arm rest still comes down and cover the radios but it dose not lock close I might try to find a work around for it one day.

SCPD

QRT
idea

get a female to female connector for both Mics,then drill a hole in the console so you can have the door closed on the console and still use the radio! And you get your leaning post back...

Attachments

• p.png
    p.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,836
  • p9.png
    p9.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,959

yohshua

get a female to female connector for both Mics,then drill a hole in the console so you can have the door closed on the console and still use the radio! And you get your leaning post back...

Thats a great solution thanks! Now I just need to get a chance to go pick up the supplies.

yohshua

so today I finally had the time to add mic hangers took me a while to see where it worked best but I think were I added them works out good. let me know what you guys think.

CommJunkie

Will the lid close with those mic hangers there?

If not, you might as well just unscrew the lid off, since it will be pretty much just in the way

yohshua

Will the lid close with those mic hangers there?

If not, you might as well just unscrew the lid off, since it will be pretty much just in the way

it still closes just fine it just dose not lock but that's fine because it keeps the radios out of sight from the outside for when i leave the truck.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Late to the party :) But I have a Liberty - same or similar "box" in the console. If you need a little more room you can remove the entire box. Could also custom another box if that helps.

yohshua

Looks good.

Late to the party :) But I have a Liberty - same or similar "box" in the console. If you need a little more room you can remove the entire box. Could also custom another box if that helps.

your right I was thinking of doing that and then using troy console faceplates to mount everything.
I really wish I could have dropped in a custom console that would have made things easy.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Very nice job and closing the cover will hide them from prying eyes.

How did you run the coax into the units? Did you cut a hole in the plastic?

Russell

yohshua

Very nice job and closing the cover will hide them from prying eyes.

How did you run the coax into the units? Did you cut a hole in the plastic?

Russell

I ran them from under the chair into the console as seen in the pic below and then made a hole in the black bucket for them to run into the 2 units.

Kf4mnc

Maybe a silly question, but how's the audio with the radios being stuffed in there? Also, have long qso caused any heat issues?

yohshua

Maybe a silly question, but how's the audio with the radios being stuffed in there? Also, have long qso caused any heat issues?

That's a good question sorry for the late reply but audio is clear for the most part but I'm gonna install 2 external speakers for them soon because when the lid is closed audio is muffled. Also as for heat I have not noticed any big build up but this coming weekend I will give it a test and see

yohshua

A small add on as I have not had much time to do much, work has been killing me, but i finally got to add in an aux input line.

up next I will be adding a tablet mount and 2 external speakers and a external gps antenna once I get some free time to order the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.