Help getting started with favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9DGX

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I am hoping I can get some help with the 536HP and the sentinel software. I watched a few videos on Youtube which were helpful to a point, but I do have a couple of questions.

I was able to make a favorites list with all conventional frequencies. It works fine. However, I want to add a P25 system to the list. I select the department I want, and save it to the scanner, but now when it scans the favorite list, it has a WHOLE bunch of other (I assume ALL the P25 systems in Wisconsin) departments as well. So first off... Can a P25 system be combined with conventional frequencies in a favorites list?

My second question of the day is...

Once I have more than one favorites lists in my scanner, how do I manage them? Meaning... I want to listen to 1 and 2 only today, but tomorrow I am going to a different city, and favorites list 3 is for that location. So tomorrow I will want to turn off lists 1 and 2, and turn list 3 on.

I hope this all makes sense.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
I was able to make a favorites list with all conventional frequencies. It works fine. However, I want to add a P25 system to the list. I select the department I want, and save it to the scanner, but now when it scans the favorite list, it has a WHOLE bunch of other (I assume ALL the P25 systems in Wisconsin) departments as well. So first off... Can a P25 system be combined with conventional frequencies in a favorites list?
I suggest that you put conventional frequencies in one favorites list and each trunked system (p25 or Motorola) in a separate favorites list

My second question of the day is...

Once I have more than one favorites lists in my scanner, how do I manage them? Meaning... I want to listen to 1 and 2 only today, but tomorrow I am going to a different city, and favorites list 3 is for that location. So tomorrow I will want to turn off lists 1 and 2, and turn list 3 on.

That's what the Quick Keys are for.
Assign each FL to a separate QK.

Status
Not open for further replies.