Greenville Cty Fire Dept Mutual Aid/Tac Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

I drove by the Riverwood Subdivision Fire off of Gibb Shoals Road on my way to work. Law Enforcement had the roads into the division blocked off for people trying to enter. I also passed a couple of Boiling Springs FD pumpers going toward the scene.

Question: Is there a designated VHF or UHF Fire/Tac or Mutual Aid frequency for Greenville County Fire Departments?

LarrySC

I've never heard any. I keep the VHF and UHF dispatch for Co on all the time. City Fire just once in a while. The city tested several 800 channels a few years back. LoJac, SWAT training, Driver training but they were soon silent. Havent heard anything in a long time. V-TAC and U-TAC only heard once from Duncan Chapel.

haslerrep

They tested on some of this when training on the old Scott towers. From what I heard had problems and went to having a representative from each agency in the command center to relay assignments. Think that Greenville county is looking at putting a plan in place to fix this issue sometime in the future.

rescuecomm

A big article on the local news about the Riverwood fire response and how there is a problem with emergency communications? Not really something that should make front page news. I suppose the various depts could buy dual band handhelds (expensive) or simply equip their trucks/pumpers with the neighboring districts handheld radios.

Bob

LarrySC

Greenville County has an 800 MHz Fire Chiefs Net on Friday morning between 8am and 8:30am. It's used by departments not dispatched by the county. There is also a Fire Marshals / Fire Fighter Mobility Net on Tueasday at 9am. All of this data is found on page 12 of the 2014 Upstate Scanner Frequency Directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.