Cross band repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

wconn

Premium Subscriber
Help!! I am working on a cross band uhf/vhf repeater using a NX-800U and 7180V. I have a CAT 250 controller to use as my controller for legality purposes and to use as a future controller on a TKR-850. After making my interface cable between the radio and controller, I cannot get any audio at all through my radio hooked to port 1 of controller. No voice, beep, nothing. Any ideas?

zz0468

QRT
Banned
No voice, beep, nothing. Any ideas?

Nope. No clue. It could be just about anything. Have you tried any basic troubles shooting steps, like determining that the transmitter actually works normally?

We can't really troubleshoot this thing for you by remote control. What do you have in the way of test equipment? to work with?

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Using an oscilloscope or signal tracer follow the audio path from the receiver to the transmitter. Start at the receiver audio pick-off point (discriminator; high side of volume control; speaker; ????) to the controller receiver audio input. Then from the controller audio out to the transmitter audio in (microphone in; accessory jack audio in; ???). From this you should be able to tell where you lose the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.