Help needed-RTL2832U with SDR#

Status
Not open for further replies.

msymsy

Hello everyone. I've just got my Terratec Cinergy T Stick+ and tried to get it working with SDR# on my Windows 7 x64 and I got the old problem. I have followed all the instructions on the Internet, got the driver installed with zadig v 2.1.0, got libusbx v1.0.18 but SDR# says “RTL-SDR/USB either not connected or its driver is not working properly”. When I run rtl_test, it recognizes the stick but returns usb_error -3. I've done all operations as Administrator. Also, the stick disconnects and reconnects itself repeatedly after being plugged in for a couple of minutes.

Thank you in advance for your answers. I will also be available to receive help via Teamviewer before 17:30 GMT, please PM me if you are willing to do so.

eriley

If your using a usb3 port, that may be the problem. Use USB2 port if available. You will have start over.
If it is a USB3 port do a search in SDR# yahoo group of USB3.

rbm

I'm running with Windows 7 64 bit.

You 'may' have mismatched levels of files.

I can send you a zip file that has all the matching SDR# files you need.
You can just unzip it to a folder and run it from there.

If your driver is installed correctly AND you have the proper .net framework installed, it should run.

It's 6.6 MB and, if you want it, PM an email address to me that will accept a file that large.

Rich

By the way, I can run on USB 2 or USB 3 ports without any difficulty.
My normal operation is with a USB 3.0 powered hub.

One other thought.
Not all USB ports can supply the power required by a USB dongle.
That can cause all kinds of problems. That's why I started using a powered USB hub.

Some of the symptoms are:
Very erratic operation.
If the dongle is working at all, adjusting the RF gain, or connecting/disconnecting the antenna will cause it to hang.
Another problem I've seen is constant restarting of the dongle.

msymsy

Thank you eriley and rbm, I've changed the dongle to a NooElec one and got rid of the connection stability problem but the the rest remains. I have tried powered USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports but no luck. Sorry but I have lost my old account here and this new one requires my posts to be checked my moderators so there may be quite a delay before you can see this post.

msymsy

Problem solved by using the latest version of libusb0.dll. Thank you so much guys for your help and have a lovely weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.